General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Funny Quotes

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Caroline

Caroline Report 5 Apr 2017 16:15

"The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form"

Businessman S Randall Readers Digest

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Apr 2017 16:55

:-D :-D :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 8 Apr 2017 11:37

Austerity has a voracious appetite.

Caroline

Caroline Report 8 Apr 2017 12:44

Can't even remember this one...took them a few days to RR this one......

Was it the one about job applications

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 8 Apr 2017 12:53

Has somebody got their knife sharpened for you?

You seem very popular lolol

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Apr 2017 12:54

Caroline - someone's got it in for you.

Sometimes an OP is RR'd as the thread has turned contentious. Nothing like that has happened here, nor was the OP (from what I can recall) controversial.

GR Support, if they are doing their job, will reinstate and give the contentious RRer a telling off.

Perhaps we should all change our board names to yours, and 'borrow' your avatar?
"I am Spartacus" :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 8 Apr 2017 12:59

That would be funny Detective.....might be worth a go :-D :-D :-D

Supercrutch no idea why this is happening if the person involved would like to have an adult conversation about this they can message me or do it in the open on the boards....I seriously have no idea.......

Genes will I fear just delete it.

This is the OP

"A Businessman On Perfection…

The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.

Businessman Stanley Randall"

Dermot

Dermot Report 8 Apr 2017 12:59

Caroline - yes! Job application being a true & accurate reflection of the applicant, allegedly!

Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary Report 8 Apr 2017 13:26

Wow, not another one!!! What on Earth is wrong with admin for removing that post??

Maybe the RR'er thought businessMAN was sexist?! ;-)

Mary

Caroline

Caroline Report 8 Apr 2017 13:28

Oh never thought of that...well it came from Readers Digest and they're well known for being controversial at the best of times :-D

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 8 Apr 2017 14:14

This happened to me a few years ago, constant reporting.

GR actually did something about it and warned the malicious poster that their continual RRing would not be tolerated if they wished to remain a member.

Keep complaining ;-)

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 8 Apr 2017 14:17

It's about time they did it again.

Caroline

Caroline Report 8 Apr 2017 14:18

Thanks Supercrutch

It's not so much annoying as just childish as I've done nothing to warrant this...unless I'm REALLY thick and totally missing the point. Yes I "argue" with a few on here but as adults it should be fine.......should be.........oh well :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 8 Apr 2017 14:37

As an exercise in pure fiction there is little better than a job description. If it should mention the remuneration then take that as being as reliable as Momte Carlo.

Maddie

Maddie Report 8 Apr 2017 15:53

caroline, keep posting you make laugh and thats good :-)

Caroline

Caroline Report 8 Apr 2017 16:30

Some may not agree with that but sure ... :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 8 Apr 2017 23:47

I think, therefore, I am........

Caroline

Caroline Report 9 Apr 2017 00:19

:-D :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 9 Apr 2017 10:00

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy it particularly while reading some of these threads.

Caroline

Caroline Report 9 Apr 2017 12:37

:-D :-D