General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Say's who?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 6 May 2017 13:17

It does make me laugh on these cookery programmes when you hear the Chef say.....

"Cooked to perfection" when referring to Beef, Lamb or Duck which is served pink.

Cooked to perfection say's who??

After serving up a blue steak at one of his restaurants, a top Chef said that he would be highly offended if anyone sent his food back.

Well, If he served me something that was still mooing, bleeting, quacking or anything that a good vet could bring back to life.......he can be as offended as he likes cos oi ain't eating it!!!

No Siree!!

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 6 May 2017 13:33

Ha ha ha! Almost word for word the same as I hear from my OH when ever we watch a cookery programme. He's actually slowly going off meat as a result.
:-D :-D

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 6 May 2017 13:42

I am curious to know......how come you can eat Duck when it's still quacking...but not Chicken when it's still clucking?

:-S

Von

Von Report 6 May 2017 13:42

I agree :-D :-D :-D

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 6 May 2017 13:45

If someone at my table ordered a blue steak.......i would have to go and sit at another table.

:-D

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 6 May 2017 13:49

Also mentioned several times on a certain Saturday Morning tv cookery programme. It's now acceptable to eat undercooked pork. A definite no no in my house. My mother swore it would cause you to have worms. :-S

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 6 May 2017 14:01

I will be sending that back too Polly......along with the smoked salmon.

:-S

Caroline

Caroline Report 6 May 2017 14:32

Totally agree with the undercooked meat comments also I can't believe it when they call for a pinch of salt and put in about a week's worth as far as I'm concerned.

Island

Island Report 6 May 2017 14:45

Nothing more boring than watching some twerp with an over inflated ego dictating what and how everyone else should eat.

What's happened to that Austin Bloomingtwat? Has he eaten too much corn plaster and pond weed soup?

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 6 May 2017 14:51

I would rather eat my own pants in a sandwich.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 6 May 2017 15:02

Most chicken is full of salmonella which is why it isn't a good idea to eat it pink.

Whilst I don't mind a medium steak, provided it is a top quality cut that is, I refuse to eat anything that is still mooing, clucking, quacking, baaing or still swimming.

It's not just the chefs who have over inflated egos either. The judges on progs such as The Great British Menu are just as bad. Especially the likes of Oliver Peyton and Mathew Fort who wouldn't know a decent meal if they fell over it.. Their replacement is long long overdue.

I remember seeing a program where they were trying to cook dishes based on the wartime and had a member of the public to judge too. This chap had made a "deconstructed pudding" and Peyton was marvelling how brilliant it was. The old dear who could just remember the war days say it was a complete load of rubbish and wouldn't even pass for mashed up baby food.....!

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 6 May 2017 15:08

I actually saw that programme IGP.

The Great British Menu

:-)

Island

Island Report 6 May 2017 15:15

I'm glad I didn't see it Prickles.

Deconstructed my rump! Don't get me started on pan fried and oven baked either!

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 6 May 2017 15:30

Where else would you fry anything other than in a pan?

What about Jus. What ever happened to good old fashioned gravy?

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 6 May 2017 15:42

Jus indeed!

That's another thing that makes me laugh.

Island

Island Report 6 May 2017 16:13

and if I hear anyone else say whether or not something suits their 'palette'....... :-|

Just get it down your neck and be grateful!!!! :-| :-| :-|

Island

Island Report 6 May 2017 16:14

......or should that be 'jus be grateful'?

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 6 May 2017 16:39

:-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 May 2017 18:49

That foam stuff they are so fond of always looks to me like it should be on the garden pth with a bit of grass in it.

RockyMountainShy

RockyMountainShy Report 6 May 2017 19:00

my sisterinlaw watches them ALOT and is tring to get me to watch them and she leaves my cooking magazines too.

Ah NO THANKS I say thank you and whenshe goes home I recycle them. I like simple food not fancy stuff. WHY CAN'T PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT :-| :-P :-|