General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tesco Prices UPDATE Very Puzzled

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 5 Jun 2023 12:07

I read the other day that Tesco were reducing a lot of their prices to make life a bit less expensive.

Yesterday I put in my weekly order and today received the usual receipt. I couldn't believe what I saw - every single item had been reduced. Not just the essentials, like bread and milk, but things like OH's wine as well. Some by just a few pence, others by quite a lot more, but added up it made a difference of a couple of pounds. :-)

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 5 Jun 2023 12:54

I wont go into any Tesco, haven't done so for many years ever since I found out they bought land and did nothing with it, it was to stop other supermarkets building on it and there is a Tesco 5 minutes from my house.

Island

Island Report 5 Jun 2023 12:55

They'll soon make up the 'shortfall' when word gets round. Call me cynical :-0 :-D
I wonder if others will follow suit? Would help customers enormously.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 5 Jun 2023 12:55

That's brilliant Andy's mum, my next order is the 22nd Jun so I shall have a good look at the prices and hopefully save a few pennies as well. :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Jun 2023 17:25

Same as you. Andysmum.
I've got an order coming this evening.
Have to admit, I knew the wine and strawberries were on offer, as was the cheese - but everything else - apart from the salted caramel cheesecake - is reduced!

Edit - just checked - the salted caramel cheesecake IS reduced, and everything else that was reduced when I ordered it, has been reduced AGAIN! :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 5 Jun 2023 18:07

Maggie, does it say on the online order against each item, that its reduced?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Jun 2023 23:29

It does, Florence - and by how much.
For example - Butter - was £1.89, reduced to £1.61.
It wasn't long ago, that it was £1.99!

Florence61

Florence61 Report 5 Jun 2023 23:34

I saw the cheesecake and have put one on as well, looks so scrummy.

Cant wait to see how much my bill goes down then .

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 6 Jun 2023 07:23

Well done, Tesco.

I have only occasionally shopped there though - only if I am passing that side of town - as I am in walking distance of Sainsburys, Co-op, M & S, Aldi, Lidl, Iceland (using a new name) and even a Home Bargains (which surprised me by its food range when it opened) as well as a Heron Store which began life, I think, as a frozen food store but now stocks a variety of brand-name groceries too.

I hope other stores follow the Tesco example,

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 10 Jun 2023 16:16

I have just been doing next week's order and there is no sign of reduced prices - apart from the usual clubcard ones. :-S

I was beginning to think I had dreamt it all, except that Maggie had the same experience last week. So what is going on?

Florence61

Florence61 Report 10 Jun 2023 16:49

Andysmum, I have an order for next Friday and have been on & off adding things but I haven't noticed anything reduced like Maggie except for the club card offers???

Maggie, is it only Tesco branded items maybe?

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 10 Jun 2023 16:55

On my order it was everything, some of it Tesco's and some not, like Ryvita and sugar.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Jun 2023 18:44

Mine was everything too - not just Tesco's stuff.
However, I wasn't aware of the reductions until I received the online receipt.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 12 Jun 2023 11:53

I have just received the online receipt for today's delivery and it is the same as usual. No sign of any extra reductions. They must have been unable to keep it up for some reason.

I am grateful for small mercies, as I just happened to have an order on the right day last week, but I feel very sorry for everyone else who has missed out. :-(

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 12 Jun 2023 12:11

I never received a reduction last week only on those that were Club Card prices :-S. The only time everything appeared to be reduced was when I used a voucher and they reduced every item rather that taking the voucher value of the final amount :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Jun 2023 17:35

Not had any extra reductions at all, maybe it was just in specific areas but very strange.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 14 Jun 2023 16:51

Just out of interest, does anyone use Tesco colour laundry liquid? I havent been able to get any for 3 weeks as says out of stock!

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 14 Jun 2023 17:29

No, but I uses Waitrose sensitive non bio which is ok for daughters skin and has absolutely no smell. Really annoyed that it isn’t available. Wonder what is going on.

Tried Fairy non bio pods - they stunk the house out. Even double rinsing or hanging them out didn’t help. So now have some coop sensitive, not as bad but still smells of soap.

Why do manufacturers think we all need to have smelly products like perfumed laundry liquids and room freshners. If you need those ok but surely most of us aren’t ‘t that smelly.. My clothes are now coming out of the washer smellier than when they went in.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Jun 2023 11:58

I use it, Florence, and could only get a small one last week.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 15 Jun 2023 12:18

Maggie, I have just made last minute changes to my list for tomorrow and can only get the non bio Tesco one. Its just its such a good price compared to all the branded ones which some are like £9.00 now and I refuse to pay that!!£3.42 for Tesco own brand.

My bill this week is £80 eeek seems I had ran out of everything especially bacofoil, clingfilm, oil and several other things which we cant eat lol. Oh well that's how it goes, the next order in 2 weeks will be much lower.

Florence in the hebrides