General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Re psychic thread

Page 0 + 1 of 16

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Jul 2006 20:36

Does anyone who expressed an interest in a reading or sent a photo know any of the following? - a father in spirit world who was a vicar, mother still here who would go to church every week without fail, liked reading woman's weekly mag and the hymn 'how great thou art'

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Jul 2006 20:48

Does anyone have the surname Catchpole in their tree?

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 16 Jul 2006 20:53

Both my Father and Step Father are still here, but my Step Father is a retired Methodist Minister (same sort of thing as a Vicar - just different denomination). My Mother and Step Father go to church every week without fail - sometimes twice on a Sunday. Think my Mum used to like Woman's Weekly, but think my Gran used to get it (if it's the one I'm thinking of) and she too used to go to Church (Chapel) every week - she died just over 10 years ago. Not sure about the hymn - not Mum's or Grannies favourite, but I certainly know it. But I have never heard the name Catchpole, so it doesn't look like you're with me. Hopefully it will ring a bell with someone soon? Kaye x

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Jul 2006 20:54

Does your stepfather write a column in a mag or newspaper Kaye?

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 16 Jul 2006 20:58

Not that I've ever been aware of. He does like the Newspaper - reads the Times (far too arty farty and intellectual for me) every day, except Sunday. I don't think this one is with me sadly - was hoping for a minute that it was my Gran bless her. How are you after your hike? Kaye x

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 16 Jul 2006 20:59

its not me louise but i ll sit for a while in the corner

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Jul 2006 21:03

Was granddad a bit of a writer? In woman's weekly magazine there is a writer called Rev Catchpole - well I think its womans weekly lol. I have got him on the brain for some reason...

Debby

Debby Report 16 Jul 2006 21:04

Hi Louise Unfortunately it's not me but I'll pop in and out if that's ok. Debby

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 16 Jul 2006 21:07

Me and Mum have written stuff for Mags before but not successfully - bit of a family thing we all like writing and have started Writing Courses (another course I didn't complete). Henry (my Step Father) obviously is a writer in that he wrote surmons and he is a Rev? Don't know much at all about my Granparents at all. Kaye x

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 16 Jul 2006 21:08

I'll give my Mum a quick call and see if any of this rings any bells with her. Kaye x

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Jul 2006 21:09

Ok thanks kaye. The gist of it sounds right. The writing articles is important for some reason.

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 16 Jul 2006 21:20

That's strange - I had just about finished typing a reply to you and all the text just disapeared? The writing bit could be with me or Mum - a magazine told my Mum that they would use a true story she wrote, but she never heard anything more from them. I bought a 'journal' the other day - felt compelled to for some reason and thought I might use it to write down my dreams. I've always really liked writing but seem to have lost the creativity I had when I was younger. Apparently my Gran used to read Woman's Weekly sometimes - she used to get it off a neighbour, I expect Mum would have read her copy too? Mum says both her and my Step Father love the hymn 'How Great Thou Art' but it is a popular one anyway? Kaye x

Pippa

Pippa Report 16 Jul 2006 21:21

Now my vicar where I grew up was called Rev Roy Catchpole and the whole village hated him. He also had wrote for/to a newspaper regularly and ran off with the Church Warden. He used White Poppies for rememberance day as he disagreed with it all and Scouts and Guides didn't go to church until he left. He also wore shell suits and I believe his son/s had drug problems.

**Dawn O**

**Dawn O** Report 16 Jul 2006 21:34

Hi Louise & Everyone, Great to see your thread back....nothing seems to connect to me but will go and sit quietly in the corner.... Hugs, Dawn.

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Jul 2006 21:34

This is interesting. Hang on Pippa. There might be something for you later... Kaye we had that at church tonight and I was humming it all the way home. I was actually getting some of the things while I was in the service which makes me think one of your relations came to the service with me tonight lol

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Jul 2006 21:36

Would you understand the significance of friendship bracelets kaye?

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 16 Jul 2006 21:36

That wouldn't surprise me at all - Mum's family were big Church goers, my Gran in particular loved to go to Chapel and loved to sing in the Church choir. Kaye x

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 16 Jul 2006 21:38

Not sure about 'Friendship' Bracelets, but crystal bracelets yes - I sell them - call them 'Healing Bracelets'. I recently gave my Sister a lovely Moss Agate Bracelet as I thought she needed a bit of a pick me up. Been talking about getting a Magnetic Bracelet. Kaye x

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Jul 2006 21:41

Did one of your childhood school friends die? You were very close. Its like you would have swapped friendship bracelets because you were such good mates.

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 16 Jul 2006 21:42

No don't think so. Kaye x