General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

THE NEW NON SMOKERS THREAD PLEASE UPDATE.

Page 0 + 1 of 16

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

(¯`*•.¸JUPITER JOY AND HER CRYSTAL BALLS(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸JUPITER JOY AND HER CRYSTAL BALLS(¯`*•.¸ Report 4 Apr 2006 23:11

THE NEW ONE FOR OUR COUNCELLING,LOL.WE NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET.XXXXXXXXXXXJOY

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 4 Apr 2006 23:28

*puts on Counselling Gown......now sit down here m'dear and tell me all about it:-) You having palpitations? coughing? feeling like you could murder someone? munchies?....this is all very normal when you quit and is your body's way of reacting to being deprived of nicotine...very soon you will be feeling such a sense of achievement that you have conquered the weed. You are all doing so well.... XX BC

(¯`*•.¸JUPITER JOY AND HER CRYSTAL BALLS(¯`*•.¸ Report 4 Apr 2006 23:53

thanks bc,i feel heaps better,hugs joyxxxx

RodGee

RodGee Report 5 Apr 2006 00:13

keep it up i did it 4years agohard at first but got easier well done

Trish

Trish Report 5 Apr 2006 00:17

I'll have been smoke free tomorrow for 3 weeks, but I think I'm getting addicted to the nicotine gum, oh well perhaps that's easier to give up than the fags.

James

James Report 5 Apr 2006 00:20

Hi Joy I have put a mewssage on the old one, anyone wanting encouragement should read the old one now 20 pages long The thread is TO ALL SOON TO BE NON SMOKERS PLEASE KEEP NUDGED is the title James

Carol in Rochester, New York

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 5 Apr 2006 00:22

Carol Tip-toes in after you,ve all gone to bed cos i want to confess. I,ve been smoke free for 11 days......but I can,t stop eating.

(¯`*•.¸JUPITER JOY AND HER CRYSTAL BALLS(¯`*•.¸ Report 5 Apr 2006 01:11

hi carol,dont worry,we can lose weight later.keep going,hugs joyxxxxxxxxx

Melanie

Melanie Report 5 Apr 2006 03:57

Well I would rather be a few pounds overweight than coughing in the morning the way I used to. For those who have only just stopped or are thinking about it. Its not as hard as you think and it gets easier every day! Four months, three weeks, one day, 3 hours, 32 minutes and 16 seconds. 3553 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,599.16. Life saved: 1 week, 5 days, 8 hours, 5 minutes.

Debbie

Debbie Report 5 Apr 2006 13:08

Good morning all, Day no: 4 and feeling great apart from the lack of sleep and the stinking cold!! Can anyone tell me if it is a cold or the effects of being smoke free? Well done everyone Debs x

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Apr 2006 13:11

Debs my sleep pattern suffered when I stopped smoking but it doesn't last long I promise......... I haven't had a cigarette for 1 year and 9 months WOOHOO I think you are all doing really well, keep it up! Julie xxx

Elaine

Elaine Report 5 Apr 2006 13:33

Non smoker now for 8 months, 6 days, 1 hour, 30 mins - its not so much the money that I have saved (cigs a lot cheaper in Spain) but its the fact that I have NOT smoked 5121 cigarettes that keeps me going. For those of you struggling - it really does get easier - keep at it - you will be so pleased with yourself in the end - a great sense of achievement as every week goes by.

Debbie

Debbie Report 5 Apr 2006 13:33

Julie, Thank you, glad to hear that I will start to get some sleep soon!! Well done for being smoke free for all that time, I cant wait until its my turn to say I have not had one for a yr.. I have just signed up on a website that was advertised in the box of patches I bought so will see what that offers. Debs x

Lesley

Lesley Report 5 Apr 2006 13:36

hi chuckle bunny,yes we are starting a new one as there was 20 pages on the last one,im on lesleys pc at the mo,hugs joy xxxxxxxxx

Michelle

Michelle Report 5 Apr 2006 13:48

Hi saw this thread and just had to say been off the horrid things for 2 and half years. Did it cold turkey,basically ran out at 7pm one Sunday evening and figured if I could last till morning what was the point in having one then, so I stopped myself buying them.It was hard to do but with a bit of will power and thinking of other things it helped. I do remember having a bunged up cold feeling shortly after giving up and surprise how different food tasted (much better). Also I recently heard a friend (who has smoked a long time) is waiting to have a lung transplant and she knows it's a direct result as she has severe asthma and has been warned so many times. Good luck to all who are trying it's hard but worth it. Michelle

Debbie

Debbie Report 5 Apr 2006 13:50

Michelle, Well done, thanks for letting me know about the cold feeling you had, I feel lousy with it, but im sure in one sense its helping. Debs x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Apr 2006 14:06

Aren't you all doing well. keep it up. Ann Glos

Debbie

Debbie Report 7 Apr 2006 13:39

Good morning/afternoon. Today is day 6 and still going strong, cold has almost dissappeared, sleep is starting to happen and I still dont want one - dont think I could do it without the patches but as long as I believe they are helping they will help me!! Good luck ot all Debs x

Esther with my feet in the Tyne

Esther with my feet in the Tyne Report 7 Apr 2006 13:44

People smoke for different reasons,i stopped in Jan 05. Did it cold turkey (after trying everything else & only lasting weeks) it seams i always had a bottle of water in my hand to sip,or an apple to eat. It worked but needless to say, was always running to the loo initially (sorry). Keep going...it gets easier.... Donna:-) X

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 7 Apr 2006 14:10

Afternoon all:-) It is really great to see that so many people have stopped or are in the process of stopping. *....CLAPS HANDS LOUDLY...HOORAY.*...You all seem to be doing fine. *looks under cushions to see if she can find Lady Gray? Havent seen her for a while:-) A very HAPPY FRIDAY to you all and wishing you a smoke free weekend. XX BC