General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

AUSTRALIA,USA,CANADA,ISTANBUL SWANSEA AND YARRAWON

Page 0 + 1 of 14

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DAVE B

DAVE B Report 12 Mar 2005 07:20

NOW REOPENED EVERYBODY WELCOME, After my short break everybody is welcome,help yourself to anything from the fridge or any other goodies. Dave

Magi

Magi Report 12 Mar 2005 07:23

Now the weekend can begin! Morning David, well pleased the 24 hours' has reopened. As I said I dont know what went on, but am pleased your back ... you got any good coffee on the boil? I'm slightly under the weather (self-inflicted) and need a kick start...lol... Magi

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 12 Mar 2005 07:24

G'day Dave. Goodmorning to you, and goodafternoon from me downunder. Tony Oz

Magi

Magi Report 12 Mar 2005 07:25

Afternoon Tony, or morning for me... How's things? Magi

DAVE B

DAVE B Report 12 Mar 2005 07:26

Morning Tony,morning Magi help yourself coffee or tea or something stronger if you wish . Dave

Vickie

Vickie Report 12 Mar 2005 07:29

Good Evening Dave I am from Victoria Australia. Tony I am not really following you, just seems like it. Vickie

Magi

Magi Report 12 Mar 2005 07:29

Too early for the other stuff David, but coffee's good. Dropped off some Turkish Delight and Pistaccios... just in case anyones peckish Magi

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 12 Mar 2005 07:29

Hi Magi. Where all fine here. Nice day in Melbourne. Thanks Dave. Tony Oz

DAVE B

DAVE B Report 12 Mar 2005 07:31

Quite nice here in Manchester too! Dave

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 12 Mar 2005 07:34

Thats O'K Vickie.lol Dave,Magi. Vickie and i lived 5 min away from each other in Melbourne, but never new each other existed. We are related through our Hull ancestors in Essex ( 5xGreats.) were brothers. Tony Oz

DAVE B

DAVE B Report 12 Mar 2005 07:36

Hi Vickie a big welcome from sunny but not to warm Manchester UK Dave

Magi

Magi Report 12 Mar 2005 07:39

Thats amazing Tony, mind you I'm convinced if we dig long enough we'll all end up being related somewhere along the line... I discovered that my ex's father was my mom's cousin, and had been adopted as a baby. I think if we'd known before we would never have got together Magi

Vickie

Vickie Report 12 Mar 2005 07:44

Hi Magi What is scary with my tree is I just found two of my ex's line marrying into my mum's. (She is not impressed, never got on with the ex in laws) Mum's has married into Dad's too! Will I end up my own cousin or something down the line??..LOL Vickie

Vickie

Vickie Report 12 Mar 2005 07:46

Thanks for the welcome Dave Vickie

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 12 Mar 2005 07:48

How true Magi. I think with the Internet now, the world is getting smaller. People are connecting from all over our planet and i think its great. Tony Oz

Magi

Magi Report 12 Mar 2005 07:50

Hi Vicki, Weird isnt it??? My son says that's why he's perfect.. not that he's big headed or anything .. pmsl... We found photos when mom died and couldn't figure out why she had them, boy were we surprised... explains the resemblance though, as lots of folks have said my sister-in-law and I look alike, and she's the double of her natural gran... magi in Sunny Snowy Istanbul

DAVE B

DAVE B Report 12 Mar 2005 07:52

Hi Gwynne a large drink for you when you want something stronger me old mate! Davex

Vickie

Vickie Report 12 Mar 2005 08:38

Has everybody gone from here??

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 12 Mar 2005 09:03

Hi dave Lara from Yarrawonga here lovely evening here good to see all the place names back and especially your name Dave I'll have a cuppa no don't get up I'll get it myself I see Tonys been here too I bet he's watching the afl footie now, bought some bickies too anzac's they are home made too lara xx

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 12 Mar 2005 09:14

Hi Vicki I didn' t see you there have an Anzac bikkie mate that's really un believable about Tony I just asked Tony before whether or not you knew each other before being on GR but havnt been back to see if he had time to answer me before the footy started , just found the records of my rellis arrivals in Victoria from Gloucester and from Norfolk in the 1800s so that is good work for today although not all mine as my 2 nd cousin once removed (or something like that ) found his side prompting me to look for other side and lo and behold there they were too also think I found another relli my gggrandfather on my Mums side dont know where he was from but came out paid his own way and was only 16 brave eh makes it all worthwhile when you find some one Lara xx