Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Fellman/Bloch siblings 1900's

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 23 Jul 2013 20:21

having traced my Great grandfather George Jacob Fellman b 1870 Courland Russia to his death in wales in 1924 I have discovered from his medical records that he was the 2nd of 12 siblings and would like to trace their living descendents .

My search so far is on ;
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1300276

i'd assumed he was an only child as he was on 1891 (edit) census in Cheetham aged 20 "living on means" with a Mendel Fellman aged 40 his naturalisation papers show that was the year he arrived in GB .In 1901 he was in Birkenhead maybe in 1906 in Dundee and in 1911 in Pontypridd .
On his medical records from glamorgan county asylum his next of kin was Rebbecca Bloch who married Benjamin Bloch in 1886 in Prestwich
their 1st children were born in Dundee and they are in forfarshire on 1901 and 1911 census . The bloch Children born between 1897and 1910 named as elias ,guiess ada,dinah emily. sarah ,esther minnie ,barnet and rosie ;
Anyone know what became of them or any other Fellman cousins??

patchem

patchem Report 23 Jul 2013 21:51

Have you put all the children into your tree on here, so that people can contact you if they share this family?
Also, have you looked to see if anyone has your family in their trees on genes?

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 23 Jul 2013 22:05

sorry patchem I've corrected dates ;all the bloch children born before 1911 are on here ;
I don't know any names for the Fellman siblings apart from Rebecca
and yes have looked on trees.
I checked with other members before including this post as I'm not asking for research into past already done .

patchem

patchem Report 23 Jul 2013 22:10

I cannot see any Bloch children coming up as being in your tree - am I spelling the names incorrectly?

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 23 Jul 2013 22:20

oh sorry I thought you meant had i looked on other members trees. I haven't put them on my tree yet was waiting for marriage certificate of rebecca fellman to confirm but will do that now

jax

jax Report 23 Jul 2013 22:41

I thought they used the name Black rather than Bloch

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 23 Jul 2013 23:13

do you mean after 1911 ? I think it's Bloch on census from 1901 and 1911
and on the Births but it may be worth me searchinh trees under Black
On Bmd for prestwich 1896 wedding both Bloch + Black are given but I couldn't view either entry and we've sent off for the document

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 23 Jul 2013 23:17

patchem ;i did have Rose on my tree when you looked, have now added the other children .

on the 1924 hospital records I have Rebecca Iblock of 25 craigmillar K (could be Rd but there's an odd squiggle which looks like a small 2) Glasgow

maybe that address will ring some bells for someone, or the Iblock spelling

jax

jax Report 24 Jul 2013 00:36

I gave you the marriage from freebmd and lancsbmd which both say Black

The 1901 says Bloch on FMP but Block on ancestry...as I cannot see the image not sure what it says

As a lot of Jewish people anglicised their names it could well be Black now

Not sure what you mean by you couldn't view the other entry?? there was no other entry to view they just gave an alternative name

The marriage at Prestwich synagogue from Lancsbmd only says Black

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 24 Jul 2013 07:17

we've sent for original of marriage cert .

I meant the 2 lines which came up for Benjamin in Freebmd marriages ;
one gave Bloch and one Black.

interesting that the Bloch/Black family family were already established in Dundee before the wedding arriving before 1891 but after 1881 .wonder why Benjamin chose to marry in Prestwich synagogue ....all very exciting .

ps patchem ; I thought people could only access my tree after I'd pressed allow following pm.s or are you" management"

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Jul 2013 09:17

Anyone can enter a name in 'search all trees' and see whose trees it appears in.........try it

That isn't the same as actually accessing someone's tree.........

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Jul 2013 09:22

If you wish to find out about the Blochs, you'll almost certainly need to invest in credits for Scotlands people

The marriage probably took place in Lancs because that was where the bride was living...............

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 24 Jul 2013 16:21

reggie ; trees ;yes I have been doing that from way you said it I thought you could look at my whole tree
re scots records yes we will do that .we're also sending off for a Latvian research to be done
re posting about same people we are already fnding out more about the Blochs thru a friend on another site and I think if i add to my site on find ancestors these 2 posts will cross over should I delete this post and start a new one when i know names of who I'm looking for or mark it as answered for now (can i remove the answered mark later . ) am off for an icecream so will deal with any wecome advice later

jax

jax Report 24 Jul 2013 16:45

Leave it as it is, no need to start another thread...do not mark as answered as you cannot reverse it now

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 25 Jul 2013 20:19

thanks jax have found the fellman greatgparents to add to search thread and mmn is Landsmann so there may be a connection with the other 1896 prestwich marriage
on the same page as Ben Bloch?Black and Rebecca after all. !
apparently because of Jewish naming systems girls often took the Mm surname
So it looks like I'm going to have to start searching the landsmann 's too ; Am having a computer free day tomorro !

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 29 Sep 2013 13:24

Rebecca died in a care home in Dumfries .
on Rebecca's death cert 1960 Surname is spelt Block (although the transcribers k's are very similar to his h's).
she is listed as widow of Benjamin Block of Battlefield av. Glasgow

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 23 May 2014 13:42

I now have the names of the 3 fellman siblings who died in jakobstadt Latvia ;dvora aged 16 months 15/9/1880(not sure if that is death date or birth year )
mottel aged 9 21/11/1884 he has a place name of Griva
gesa -eida 20/10/1888 aged 34
their father is listed as Leizer-mendel ,Fellman son of Leib

Rebecca named 1 of her daughters goese -ida (varied spellings) could this be after her mother who died young

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 6 Jul 2015 00:31

Extra info ; the 2 eldest Bloch children had burseries at The Harris Acadamy in Dundee in 1909 ;the address is the same as on 1911 census .
Awarded to Elias Bloch
and Edith Bloch (on census this is Geiss-Ada )

brigid

brigid Report 6 Jul 2015 18:43

Elias Bloch was a doctor in Glasgow b 1898 d 1986 aged 88.

he worked with his brother in law , Abraham Levy who married Dinah Emily Bloch in 1923

Edith ( Geiss-Ada ) Bloch married Montague Harris in 1921 but he died later the same year

info from Scots people .
..I found a few possible marriages for Minnie . Rosa + Barnet

info from internet believe Edith remarried Gompertz +had twins in the early 1930's
visited her aunt May Ginsberg in 1944 aged 42 ...boat records

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 9 Jul 2015 09:02

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1353206