Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any info on TYNAN FAMILY, BELFAST.

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brigette

Brigette Report 27 Sep 2014 20:35

Hi, Any information on the family Tynan, Belfast, Northern Ireland originally but any other links would be good. Thankyou :-)

patchem

patchem Report 27 Sep 2014 22:06

Brigette,

Could you give a little more information, such as a few names and possible dates, as there must be many different people called Tynan who lived in Belfast.

If you could explain how they are linked to you, it may be a help.

Thank-you

Added:
Have you tried to contact anyone who has Tynans from Belfast in their trees on here?

Brigette

Brigette Report 27 Sep 2014 22:22

Hi, my biological Mothers name was Eileen Tynan, she was born in Southampton in or around 1936-38. Her family were originally from Belfast, And basically thats all I know.
I will try to contact someone with Tynan in their tree, thanks : )

:-S :-S :-S :-S :-S :-S :-S

patchem

patchem Report 27 Sep 2014 22:28

Are you sure she was born in Southampton, as cannot see a birth?

Have you looked for a birth for her on genes, ancestry, FMP or free bmd?

Brigette

Brigette Report 27 Sep 2014 23:18

Ahh, I apparently have that wrong, she was born in Belfast then her family moved over to Southampton.

i havnt looked yet, Im spending a small fortune on credits and keep using them up on my other ancestors, lol, this searching is a bit addictive, so will search again when I get more credits, just thought Id give a shout out on here first to see if any Tynans were here :-)

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 28 Sep 2014 00:22

Hi Brigette

Have you checked out the Tynan/Taylor marriage 1959 Southampton?

Prickles. x

Brigette

Brigette Report 28 Sep 2014 01:37

Thanks prickly, have just done that now and its the right Tynan marriage, i believe. I still cant find any birth details for eileen tynan though, either in uk or ireland. Will try again tomorrow, am too tired.

Looks like i will have to buy more credits, im spending them too fast lol. Are there records for Ireland births here though, i doubt it.? Im assuming it must be Ireland as her birth as nothing showing for Uk. Am getting so confused.

Thanks prickly x :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 Sep 2014 08:11

Well that 1959 marriage will be on FreeBMD which is a free site

Use that site for BMD,s instead of using credits on here

It's has records up to about the 1970,s

patchem

patchem Report 28 Sep 2014 08:14

If you use free bmd, it is FREE.

It does not have the later coverage (after 1983) and has some omissions, but is very useful for initial searches.

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Brigette

Brigette Report 28 Sep 2014 10:03

Yep just done that, nothing coming up :-(

Maybe definately not born in Southampton or anywhere in Uk then. Cant find anything for Ireland though either. Will keep trying though. :-)

Flip

Flip Report 28 Sep 2014 10:15

There is an Eileen M born in 1936, but in Kilkenny. Where have you got the information on her birth place please?

ADDED: This one appears to have 2 younger sisters also born Kilkenny - mmn Dolan. Have you got any info on her parents, or other family members?

Brigette

Brigette Report 28 Sep 2014 10:28

Hi, I was told many many years ago when I was looking into my family tree then, but I lost or forgot a lot of info. Ive just looked at a partial link to a family tree on here ( sent a message but no reply yet) and Im 99% sure its the Same one, so it would be Eileen Tynan born 1939 and its saying In Belfast, Country Antrim.

I want to trace back ancestors in Belfast so its a good start I think if I find her birth and trace back from there. Im not tracing Eileen Tynan, just ancestors of her if at all possible :-)

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 28 Sep 2014 11:18

We have established by PM that Brigette's MMN is Coulter

2 sisters of Eileen born in Southampton.

I am wondering if this might be your Grandparents Brigette.........

???

England & Wales, FreeBMD Birth Index, 1837-1915
about William Frederick Tynan Name:William Frederick Tynan
Registration Year:1899
Registration Quarter:Oct-Nov-Dec
Registration district:Rochford
Inferred County:Essex
Volume:4a
Page:615

England & Wales, Marriage Index, 1916-2005
about William F Tynan Name:William F Tynan
Spouse Name: Sarah J Coulter
Date of Registration:Oct-Nov-Dec 1931
Registration district:Wandsworth
Inferred County:London
Volume Number:1d
Page Number:982

England & Wales, Death Index, 1916-2007
about William Frederick Tynan Name:William Frederick Tynan
Birth Date:9 Sep 1899
Date of Registration:Jan 1984
Age at Death:84
Registration district:Southampton
Inferred County:Hampshire
Volume:20
Page:1139

England & Wales, Death Index, 1916-2007
about Sarah Johnston Tynan Name:Sarah Johnston Tynan
Birth Date:21 Mar 1902
Date of Registration:Dec 1977
Age at Death:75
Registration district:Southampton
Inferred County:Hampshire
Volume:20
Page:1241

What do you think??

Flip

Flip Report 28 Sep 2014 11:23

Prickles - do you mean Eileen's mmn is Coulson? Otherwise if it is Brigett's then we should be looking for Eileen Coulson's birth.

Brigette

Brigette Report 28 Sep 2014 11:29

Well im royally confused, lol. If eileen was born in belfast, and her ancestors were from belfast, wouldnt her parents be born in belfast ?

Im getting in a muddle :-S

Brigette

Brigette Report 28 Sep 2014 11:30

My mothers maiden name was Tynan :-)

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 28 Sep 2014 11:30

Yes Flip......

Eileens Mother's maiden name is Coulter.

:-)

I Edited because I kept posting Coulson!!

Flip

Flip Report 28 Sep 2014 11:34

If you check out freebmd for the 2 Southampton births, you'll find one before Eileen and one later. So if Eileen was born in between then it looks like she was the only one born in Ireland.

patchem

patchem Report 28 Sep 2014 11:34

Who told you they were originally from Ireland - and could that mean several generations back?

Flip

Flip Report 28 Sep 2014 11:39

Ancestry and FMP both claim to have Northern Ireland births up to 1958, but I doubt this is correct - I can't see any Belfast births from the late 1930s. So it may be why we can't find her birth.

The member you have tried to contact could be the youngest child - she has all 3 of the children in her tree.

ADDED: That same member has Sarah Coulter, born 1902 Belfast and William Tynan born 1899 Canvey Island. So it looks like Prickes marriage is correct.