Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

tried fb,electoral roll,family records..no joy?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ti

Ti Report 27 Mar 2017 17:51

hi trying to find a mandy miller i went to school with. Theres a record of her family tree on here but havent heard back, but Im sure last time I was on here it said she registered a while back... cant find details of this now though, was I mistaked in thinking it used to tell you when the person first became a member.? Do i just give up and assume she doesnt want to be found? Just so wanted to say hello! ..i'm really trying to find family members i can contact by name on facebook but cant seem to find anything from records at all. She was born 1973 to mum alwyn and dad william and had a sister shirley born 71 both from the Bishop auckland area County Durham. I moved away so dont know if she married, but nothing in records as she moved away from binchester in early 2000s I think. Theres a record for her parents on 192.com but ex directory so cant try the phone approach.. Ive asked local community association where mandy lived but they havent heard from her since. Have also looked on facebook, but loads of mandy millers there! Anyone any ideas on how to find her or advice? Give up, or is there a way?

greyghost

greyghost Report 27 Mar 2017 18:02

Copy of this thread posted at 1736 (different title)

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1365468

Ti

Ti Report 27 Mar 2017 18:04

hi sorry i reposted under a different title as thought this might get more general advice? Sorry if not meant to do this...

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 27 Mar 2017 18:19

Will send a private message with possible address for her parents.

Kath. x

Ti

Ti Report 27 Mar 2017 18:28

hi kath, thanks , sent you a message back.

Ti

Ti Report 27 Mar 2017 18:46

Anyone any other ideas?

Ti

Ti Report 28 Mar 2017 10:02

hi ive had a couple of messages, one for an addres in chichester and one for possible parents address, to no avail, is there anything else i can try? Thanks

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 28 Mar 2017 13:28

Sent two possible marriages in 1997 Durham for sister Shirley Jane and 2017 ER
address and phone number in Kendal for one of them .

Ti

Ti Report 28 Mar 2017 15:52

thanks have tried these already to no avail1

Ti

Ti Report 28 Mar 2017 17:57

Anyone else got a suggestion as all the above I have tried??

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 28 Mar 2017 19:53

Have you actually written to the parents?

Rose

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Mar 2017 10:26

Just looking on the bt phonebook may not find them

Not everyone has a bt line and may also be ex directory

Just ringing someone out of the blue isn't recommended too

Ti

Ti Report 30 Mar 2017 13:05

Thanks, I know, its not an easy job

Ti

Ti Report 30 Mar 2017 15:08

Is the ANY other avenue I can look at? Bar giving up lol !

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 31 Mar 2017 01:29

one suggestion, you must remember other people the two of you went to school with

If any of them have names less common than Mandy's, you might find it easier to locate some of them. If they stayed put while you moved away, someone might at least know whether she married and to whom.

when you say re the possible contact info for her sister
'thanks have tried these already to no avail'
does that mean this was not the right person or you got no reply?

I have an old friend I lost track of when she married at the age of 16 while I stayed in school. I would love to know how her life has been since then. Her name is much more unusual than your Mandys' - in fact there is only one other person born with her name in the GRO index since 1837! exactly a generation older, in another part of England, so no chance of confusion.

I have found all the records of her and her family, and for her up to and including her marriage (unfortunately to a man with a much more common name) and birth of two children right after the marriage. That was nearly 50 years ago. I cannot find a trace of her since! Parents deceased, two much older sisters I also can't find ...

But you prompted me to look some more, and I may see her daughter's marriage. Wish me luck!

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 31 Mar 2017 12:48

Ti did you check out phone contacts relating to each of the possible marriages in
1997 Durham for Shirley J Miller , Mandy`s sister .

Ti

Ti Report 4 Apr 2017 11:25

yes have tried contacts ta. Seems she has moved away and married I found a realtive who said she got married but dont know the name, must have been post 2005 as no record.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 4 Apr 2017 16:39

Ti we still don't know what you mean, every time you say something.

Question was had you checked out phone contacts for sister.

You say yes you have tried. What does that mean?

You were unable to contact the sister?
(if so, someone might be able to help find her)

You contacted the person but it was not her sister?

You contacted her sister and she did not know where Mandy is?

Same with writing to the parents. We don't know what you did and what the result was.

People need to know these things in order to know whether a particular line of inquiry might be worth following further (e.g. if you could not find the sister)

Just reading the posts and the questions and answering them directly is wise!

I suggested you might be able to contact other mutual old school friends who might know about Mandy. You said nothing in reply ...

Ti

Ti Report 21 Apr 2017 16:04

Hi sorry for not answering... have not been well and couldnt answer. In response to the query about her sister and parents... i had tried the numbers i had to no avail as they werent at the addresses any more and i was waiting to back from a relative i contacted, but in the meanwhile was ill so wasnt online a while... I did acrually get a reply from this relative and managed to contact her so thank you all for your help, appreciated. Again sorry I couldnt reply properly but really wasnt well at all. I had responded to the private messages but didnt think about replying on the main thread so sorry for this.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 21 Apr 2017 16:19

aha, so you managed to contact 'her' - Mandy? So success in the end? Glad to hear! and hope you are feeling better.