Quizzes and Games

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can you add to this without using any ‘e’s

Page 0 + 1 of 13

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 20 Jan 2013 08:26

If you want to add your bit all I ask is that you omit a particular non-consonant from all postings

I’m D, and I am from a county south of London. I own a small dog, am Mum to a young man of thirty plus, a granny and my hubby is a grumpy old man.
:-)

Reggie

Reggie Report 20 Jan 2013 13:10

I was born in a county in which Blackburn is found. I do not own a dog or a cat. I am an OAP . My son is not far short of fifty years old. My location now is south of Birmingham

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 20 Jan 2013 13:34

Thank you for adding, kind sir. This snow is a pain is it not?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 20 Jan 2013 16:45

I am Happy for you both,but I want to think that snow is not a pain,as it is Photographically charming.and ,also proving difficult for budding golf fanatics,It looks as if golf is off for now.

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 20 Jan 2013 18:08

Photography is good fun. Plants, sky, a stormy coast, our dog in snow, photos of all I snap. How about you?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 20 Jan 2013 18:55

Tobogganing is good if your local hill is working, snow drifts look ok,if your skis still fit you, skiing can fill daylight hours with fun.....as can hours in a pub at night,playing domino's or cards, sitting by a glowing log warming thing and supping a glass or two of an alcoholic distillation............

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 20 Jan 2013 19:12

Alcoholic distillations by a glowing wood burning thingy in a country pub sounds good to this maid. Watching barmaids pulling pints and mixing cocktails. Lots of good food and a group playing country music - bliss

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 20 Jan 2013 21:53

looks as if it's a topic you and I might chat about,using a similar Khz

Django R and a violinist in a hot club du paris jazz club is good

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 21 Jan 2013 06:55

Morning all, its cold and icy
Django R sounds cool. bring him on man ;-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 21 Jan 2013 19:19

Not many participants to this ...........looks as if its too difficult to find words without this particular non consonant

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 21 Jan 2013 19:21

yoo cood of corst forgo using this thingy wordpart......

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 21 Jan 2013 19:35

Workout for brain - that's what this is Bobtanian, not all folk will want to join in though :-)

Reggie

Reggie Report 21 Jan 2013 23:22

that, Bob, I would think, is this post's point. It's an illustration of how crucial a part of writing this 'non-consonant' normally is, and how difficult it is to do without it.

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 22 Jan 2013 16:42

It's hard to do, but that's why I find it fun :-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Jan 2013 20:01

Indubitably---comma, capital M,small r, full stop.capital R--full stop.

Reggie

Reggie Report 24 Jan 2013 18:15

Poor visibility in this vicinity is limiting my ability to identify cloud formations, which is annoying, I must say

Ruby

Ruby Report 24 Jan 2013 18:38

Caught you Reggie - the word 'Identify', complete with an e

Ruby

Ruby Report 24 Jan 2013 18:45

Brilliant sun today in SC, but cold.

Physical activity class at our local pool was invigorating, with about thirty adults participating. Only two lucky guys among us - I think that both will join us again.

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 24 Jan 2013 18:56

Thank you folks for trying so hard, brain is hurting now thinking of things to add
Class at local pool sounds good Ruby :-)
To look at cloud formations a sky without fog is most important kind sir

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 25 Jan 2013 00:10

Lots of posts ,bar 1,
that got it right!

Cloud causing bad visibilty spoils it for young star-gazing fans,a
main point of not buying a looking aid was a lack of good star-watching nights
which allows another point for a happy night in a pub with a pint or two, sitting around a log burning thingy,just chatting....