Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PRINTING

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

June

June Report 29 Jun 2010 19:24

Is it possible to print the family tree from genesreunited?

Netty

Netty Report 29 Jun 2010 21:06

Hi June, if you click on "Help", then FAQ's, on the left you will see Viewing & Printing Family Tree's.

How do I print trees?

If you go to your tree you need to select the 'full tree'. You can do this by selecting the 'full tree' view at the top of the page.

Click on 'print' to see the print menu. Full instructions are given on how to print out your tree here.

You can print the entire tree. You can print a single page too depending on the size of your tree.

You can print out any trees that you have access to in the same way that you print out your own.

You must view it in the 'full' tree view and then you'll see the option to print.

Ann

Ann Report 29 Jun 2010 22:39

If you have more than 800 names on your tree you can't print your whole tree off, it won't allow you to.

Ann

TheLadyInRed

TheLadyInRed Report 29 Jun 2010 23:14

Ann, I'm curious as to your reply that GR won't allow you to print off a tree with more than 800 names on it. Where did you get this info from?
I've posted on this problem in the past & not got any answers re printing large trees.
The Help section says:

If you go to your tree you need to select the 'full tree'. You can do this by selecting the 'full tree' view at the top of the page. Click on 'print' to see the print menu. Full instructions are given on how to print out your tree here. You can print the entire tree. You can print a single page too depending on the size of your tree.

You can print out any trees that you have access to in the same way that you print out your own. You must view it in the 'full' tree view and then you'll see the option to print.

There is no mention of any limit to numbers so how do you know it to be 800 please?

June

June Report 30 Jun 2010 09:52

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I really am stupid at times as I never saw the print bit. I have now printed it out and have it all over the diningroom table. It's so much easier when you can see what you have entered before I add anything else. Once again thank you to all who replied.

Ann

Ann Report 1 Jul 2010 14:58

This info sent by email from the GR Team, when I asked why it wouldn't allow me to print off my tree.

Ann

John

John Report 8 Jul 2010 08:46

John here.
My understanding is that if your tree exceeds 800 individuals, you can only print off the whole tree, you lose the option to print part of it.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 8 Jul 2010 10:21

There was another thread on this subject yesterday. Why on earth do you want to print off a tree with 800 names on it?

I did a test on FTM 2010 and a tree chart with just 136 names took up 72 pages.....!

Simon

Simon Report 26 Jul 2011 23:16

I have a tree with 1600 names and want to print it off but when you select print it does nothing.

please help

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Feb 2012 21:17

I have been trying to print out a Census Record can anyone tell me how to do this I bring up the page and then I try to print but nothing happens

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Feb 2012 21:19

I have been trying to print out a Census Record can anyone tell me how to do this I bring up the page and then I try to print but nothing happens

Lynette

Lynette Report 21 Oct 2013 19:11

Well I only have 274 individuals in my tree and GR will not allow me to print my whole tree. This is quite frustrating and a remedy 'quick-time' will be invaluable.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Oct 2013 01:09

Lynette - as you can see by the dates on this thread, there have been problems printing out the tree for a number of years.

To be perfectly honest, even with 274 individuals it would take many pages of A4 paper and a VERY large space to lay it all out to tape together.

Years ago, when mine consisted of under a hundred people, the print out took about 20 sheets of A4 :-0

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 22 Oct 2013 14:43

Who spends hours going through all the old threads!!!!

Some have recently been dug up that are over 5 years old.....

Inky1

Inky1 Report 22 Oct 2013 16:43

DC,

But have they been dug up by different members? If so....

I do not spend hours going through old threads, but I do use the advanced search process. And that process pulls out all relevant threads irrespective of age. Generally I get the info that I was seeking. But any posting made would of course nudge the thread, and may generate further responses.

jax

jax Report 22 Oct 2013 18:41

Old threads are always being dug up DC...mainly by new members

If you ever ventured onto the Find ancestors board you may notice them

As this is a request for help with printing a tree, I cannot see that there is a problem as the question is not directed at the OP

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 22 Oct 2013 19:29

Well said.

No one 'owns' a thread - it is there for anyone who cares to read it and add to it as they choose.

In any event, most threads move on from what the op has posted so if someone decides to add to it then so what.

Inky1

Inky1 Report 23 Oct 2013 13:03

Finalfinal post from me on this thread.

Seems to me that Genes will never develop a decent tree printing process.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/announcements/thread/1326350

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 23 Oct 2013 15:16

Oh er, I only made a comment, not a critiscism.....

Never used the advanced search facility.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 7 Nov 2013 20:41

Tony

Was it relevant to dig up an old thread which was about printing your tree off GR

Are you going to drag up anymore?

GB