Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

London census 1871 Address searched

Page 0 + 1 of 15

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 19 Nov 2003 12:55

Need ADDRESS & NAME or piece & folio number even better. Lynda

Lucky

Lucky Report 19 Nov 2003 13:29

Hello Linda If you can search from the info I have I would be grateful . Sarah gave me this from the 1871 census index. William Green age 32 there were 2, one living at Bethnal Green, Hackney Rd The other at Holborn, St Andrews Eastern. Thanks

Sharon

Sharon Report 19 Nov 2003 13:37

Hello lynda What areas does your london 1871 census cover? Sharon

Jan From Bristol

Jan From Bristol Report 19 Nov 2003 14:31

Hi please could you tell me who lived at 8 and a half Regent Street, Lambeth and 141 Regent street Lambeth also if time 8 king street Lambeth many many thanks Jan :)

Debbie

Debbie Report 19 Nov 2003 14:33

Hi Lynda I dont know if you can help. The problem is I dont have an address but Sarah has kindly given me the piece and folio number. not sure if you can search with just that. but I am going to ask anyway. Charles Day age 38 Haggerston West Shoreditch Piece number 467 Folio number 51B Thank you very much Debbie

Lucky

Lucky Report 19 Nov 2003 14:53

Linda you are a star Thanks very much Diane

Sharon

Sharon Report 19 Nov 2003 14:53

Hello Lynda Could you possibly look up who was living at 108 Shandy Street, if it existed then, 813/873(cant tell if its a 1 or 7) Gill Street,and 13 St Pauls Rd all in Mile End/Stepney/Limehouse area looking for clarks,browns or ringrows(could be spelt incorrectly on census am having trouble tracking them down). Any information you can find will be grately appreciated. I think you previously looked on 1851 census and didnt find them but with any luck could do on this one. Thanks for your help Sharon

Debbie

Debbie Report 19 Nov 2003 17:23

Lynda Yes It is normal in my family. Take me I am very mad. No not really. I dont think this is him because in 1875 he was in India with a wife and family. So no I hope its not him. Thankyou for looking Debbie

Marie

Marie Report 19 Nov 2003 22:58

Hi lynda, Could you check out 8 Dagmar Rd for me I think it may be Hackney, Shoreditch or Bethnal Green area. I am looking for a Samuel Longhurst living with parents George and Hannah. Many thanks Marie

Christina

Christina Report 20 Nov 2003 04:52

I have only address of the following. John [age 49 +-1] & Mary-Ann Crawley [age 48 +-1] living at 18 Gloucester St, Vauxhall Walk, Lambeth [in 1851 census] Johns profession "Hawker" or "General Dealer" children Emma [25 +- 1] & William Samuel Crawley [born May 1851 = 19 or 20] [both born Lambeth] trade in 1891 census - blacksmith/farrier, I am interested if there are any other siblings, of course they may have moved on by this time. Many thanks for your kind offer I have no address for Edwin Tucker, you could try Larch Road or Sarsfield Rd Balham, I know there were Tuckers there later but I dont know if they were mine as people seemed to move around a lot. Regards Christina

Jan

Jan Report 20 Nov 2003 05:33

Lynda Could you look up James Hart living in Shoreditch for me please. I don't have any further details but suspect his age could be be between 15 & 25. Many thanks Jan

Jan

Jan Report 20 Nov 2003 05:34

Lynda Could you look up James Hart living in Shoreditch for me please. I don't have any further details but suspect his age could be be between 15 & 25. Many thanks Jan

Violet

Violet Report 20 Nov 2003 07:05

Dear Lynda Could you look up a John Bohmer, born Germay, 1849, please. Have found him in the 1881 census, but would like to get his parents names if possible.

Melanie

Melanie Report 20 Nov 2003 11:32

Hi Lynda Thank you for your kind offer. Please could you look up the following addresses that I have found through the 1881 census: 6 Ivy Lane, Shoreditch (Piece 0395/Folio 100A in the 1881 census) 3 Ware Street, Shoreditch (Piece 0401/Folio 50 in the 1881 census) All relatives I am looking for seem to be born in Shoreditch, so I'm guessing that both these addresses fall under that area. I am hoping that the name Boosey will show up for Ivy Lane and the name Reynolds will show up for Ware Street. Thanks! Mel

Sharon

Sharon Report 20 Nov 2003 11:47

Hello lynda I have found the browns i was looking for on 1881 census, i couldnt find them before because the first name of father is transcribed as intials F W when his intials were J W. They werent living at shandy street in 1881 so maybe you are right and it didnt exist then. They were living at 8 Bohn Street, London, as intials have been transcribed incorrectly i dont know if the address is spelt correctly if you get a spare minute can you look it up for me please. I would have thought it was still in the mile end/ stepney area though. Thanks Sharon

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Nov 2003 12:44

Hi Lynda, could you have a look at 60, Regent Street, Lambeth, and 11 Alfred Mews in Brompton, Kensington. Thanks in advance.

Sharon

Sharon Report 20 Nov 2003 14:04

Hi lynda I have some more information regarding the lookup i asked you for. Sarah Arkell has just looked up the names in the index she has for 1871 and found an Elizabeth Brown age 19 living in Bethnal Green, she gave me these ref no's if that helps you : Piece 494 folio 56 b Thanks Sharon

Suzy

Suzy Report 20 Nov 2003 14:57

Hello Lynda It is really good of you to do all these look-ups. Would you check the following please: ROGERS family at 11 James's Terrace, Commercial Road, Camberwell. FLYNN or MIDDLETON family at 32 or 33 Tufton Street, Westminster. PINDER family at 26 Little Chapel Street, Westminster. Many thanks.

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Nov 2003 18:15

Hi Lynda, the names were Mad(d)igan and Donovan.

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Nov 2003 19:15

Lynda, those Donovans are brilliant, the Alfred Mews, there is a word after it but cant make it out, looks like West if that helps, it existed in 1867, cheers again,