General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 0 + 1 of 916

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 10 Dec 2017 18:41

That is a lot of snow. I hope Shaun’s friend got the fire going

For some unknown reason GR logged me out and it has taken me ages to be able to log in again

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Dec 2017 15:11

Shaun's snow photos are on the photo blog. :-) :-)

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 10 Dec 2017 14:32

We havent got any snow at all, it is just freezing outside. We are due to reach the dizzy heights of zero degrees today.
Shaun, I have just put the heating on now 2.30pm, so the house has done well to stay warm until now.

I have just spoken to my son in Evesham, they have a couple of inches of snow, their new dog is bemused by it,she keeps pushing her head into plies of it.

My daughter has taken Eve ice skating at Hampton Court Place, they have a fair amount of snow there as well. She posted a couple of photos on Facebook and eve is looking very pleased with events.

I am just glad to stay in today. i have two hospital drives to do tomorrow, so I hope the rods stay clear.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Dec 2017 13:41

We have snow here, not too deep and slushy on the roads. However we have also had grandson here for the weekend with his partner and they have just left for home. As far as we could make out the route they normally take is closed through accidents (over the Cotswolds to Cirencester), so he has gone off to travel via the M5/M4, shall be glad to hear when they get home to eastleigh.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Dec 2017 13:38

From Shaun
Hello Ann,

For some reason I cannot get on GR and was wondering could you please post this for me?
We have a good 8 inches of the white stuff photos sent to Ann to add to her blog.
I have the 3 burners going on the super-ser gas heater I expect you have all turned your heating up to max.
The snow fall seems to be getting heavier, Hope everyone is ok stay safe and be good " Cos I'm being very good "

Mate just rang going to get tractor out so he can get here to light wood-burner. My brother was here yesterday and filled all the wood boxes up and front porch so all the wood is handy.

Have you got much snow Ann, take care if you have to go out.

SugarAndSpice

SugarAndSpice Report 10 Dec 2017 11:49

Sylvia, Enjoy your train trip both ways and a Merry Christmas to you all. I like train travel very much don't do nearly enough of it.

Shaun, Like Linda and Ann I thought that the lovely fat Robin on Ms' hand was so tame.

Talking of Robins daughter is working at a Country Park. At the moment they are selling real Christmas trees. As there are so many trees bunched together they have 5 or sometimes 6 Robins perched in the unsold trees singing their hearts out or down on the floor amongst the inches deep pine needles round the netter looking for food. So far I haven't heard her say anyone working in there has had a Robin perched on them.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 Dec 2017 19:27

It was foggy and below 0C this morning, but then the sun started to beak through about 8:30am, and it is lovely now However, it is still onlt about 3 or 4C outside.!

Ann ......... we are indeed going to our daughter's for Christmas, and going both ways by train. We leave in a couple of days and will be away for about 3 weeks.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Dec 2017 12:38

No snow here , a hard frost this morning and it is very cold. Heating has just gone on Shaun :-P

Linda, yes isn't that robin tame, I bet he misses M Shaun, does he come to you? We have a tame one, stays around when we go outside but not that tame.

Sylvia, hope the weather is not too bad for when you travel? Are you going to your daughter's?

elizabth, thank you, lovely to see you, hope the weather is not bad where you are. Strange the places that had snow and the ones that didn't over the past two days. IOM got it, Chester got it, Where daughter is in South Cumbria didn't get any. Here The Forest of Dean had snow yesterday, about 10 miles away but we didn't see as much as one snowflake. :-)

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 9 Dec 2017 12:07

Dear All

Hello

Whatever you are doing this weekend, please do take extra care and travel safely.

Have a contented and peaceful time.

Take gentle care
Love Elizabeth, EOS
xx

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 8 Dec 2017 23:57

another foggy day!

and only got to about 3 or 4C ................. I wore my winter jacket when we went out!

I think we're getting there, with the Christmas cards, the emailed ones, AND the buying of "stuff" to take with us ......... packing will happen on Monday, I hope!

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 8 Dec 2017 22:26

Wow, that Robin is tame. We have a pair that return to the garden every year, but they aren’t that tame

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 8 Dec 2017 22:26

Wow, that Robin is tame. We have a pair that return to the garden every year, but they aren’t that tame

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Dec 2017 12:40

You are welcome Shaun. Your photo is on the photo blog. If anyone is interested I have put some photos of Annx's paintings and jewellery on the craft blog.

Cold but sunny here this morning, wet underfoot but none of the promised frost/ice thank goodness, although my car windows had to be de-iced before we went out.

Hazel, I do see you on facebook but good to see you have not deserted us on here completely. Well done with the cross stitch exhibition.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 8 Dec 2017 09:16

Bore da / good morning everyone <3 :-)

Brrrrrrrrrr bitter cold and a good covering of the white stuff with a strong north easterly wind.

Hope you are all ok or okish take care if you are going out it will be dodgy under feet.

Hazel lovely to see you, cannot be-leave the twins are 6.

Linda and Ann thank you for your cards <3

Cwtchs on there way <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 7 Dec 2017 13:36

Hi Everyone

Just popping in to say i am still about just about.

Been to Teri alot as she had a relaps with her MS. She is okay at the moment. Hope it stay like that. She is still waiting for council place, still in a very small house, Caitlin is in secondary school now. Enjoying it so far and the teacher are great with her needs. he has made lots f friends as well.

Twins are 6 now.and Arron is 8.

Duane is not too bad just going into depression as its the time of year he cant cope with. But he has a good job and happy working.

Me well i have been up and down had alot of hospital appointment for this and that, Just waiting for all the results now.

I stlll run the cross stitching group in the library we have a exhibtion on of our christmas work at the moment for the month.

Picture of Caitlin on her first day.

Well if i dont get on here for awhile again

Happy Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you all.

Take care

Hazelx

SugarAndSpice

SugarAndSpice Report 7 Dec 2017 10:17

Morning all,

Just a quick hello. Its raining here so temperature has risen.

Shaun, Thanks for responding about the FTM problem. Will look at Ann's site to see the photo of M.

Von, Would you believe that the flipping FTM package is working fine now since I asked for help. Haven't a clue why it misbehaved but it seems to have sorted itself out! Thanks for telling me about the Family Historian will keep it in mind. Just in case.

Now its back to the Christmas letter and cards Bye for now..

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 7 Dec 2017 09:28

Wet windy and mild :-)

Von what is it looking like in the smoke :-)

Ann sending you a photo of M feeding a Robin by hand the day before going to nursing home, lovely photo to treasure<3

~~~~ing to you all and sending Cwtchs <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Von

Von Report 6 Dec 2017 09:44

Bore da Shaun :-D <3

S&S good to see you. Sorry can't help with FTM. I use Family Historian which I find very good. I have an old version but still works fine.

Jem thinking of you and hope things improve very soon. <3

Sylvia I hope you have a great time.

~~~~~~~~ to Linda , Ann, and Sue and anyone else looking in <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 6 Dec 2017 09:22

Wet ,misty,windy but mild SO you can all turn your heating OFF :-)

Jem thinking of you <3 <3 keep diddling-ish, coping-ish and you will feel okish<3<3

Yvonne I was going to send the lads out to look for you :-) I have family tree maker 2006 never had any problems with it but saying that I can't think when I last opened it to add data.

~~~~ing to friends not mentioned / sending cwtchs to you all whether you wont one or not <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

:-0 cards are done and posted :-0 early for me that's why I'm :-0

SugarAndSpice

SugarAndSpice Report 5 Dec 2017 15:50

Hello All,

Not been around as I have been trying to get the Family Tree Maker (Ancestry) to work. Sometimes when I close it down it loses some of the information. Don't ask me what is happening I haven't a clue, Think it is time to renew it. Does anyone have any idea which Tree maker is the best buy. My Family tree maker is 6 years old so have no idea which one is best for an offline tree. Any help greatly appreciated.
My time lately has been taken up doing tree losing information then having to put it back on again. Sorting photo's, putting dates on and trying to match up the names of the people inn them. All is well here.

Shaun, Hope M stays better. Christmas will be very different but better for both of you.

Jem, Sorry to hear how difficult things are for you I hope G'son 1 will be well enough for you all to enjoy Christmas.

Ann, Our decorations will come down from the loft to be put up in roughly a weeks time. As tree is a real one it is in the cool of the garage for now.

Sylvia, If I'm not on here when you go away have a lovely time with daughter and grandson and hopefully a really enjoyable journey. Merry Christmas.

Linda, I have started the Christmas cards and e-mail then have to do a snail mail letter. It should all be done in a day or so. One more thing off the list.

Bye for now.