General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 0 + 1 of 942

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 21 Jun 2018 09:08

Bore da / good morning everyone :-) <3

Welcome home Ann and Linda are you now going to stay put ? how is the laundry coming on :-)

" KOS " there is no need to go abroad when you have Barry Island AND Tonypandy on the door step :-) :-)

~~~~~ing to friends not mentioned hope you are all ok or okish
Cwtchs for all whether you wont one or not <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Edit forgot to say being it is the 21 the longest day better start on the card making for the 25 dec
:-) :-) :-) :-)

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 19 Jun 2018 18:56

Currently in Kos airport waiting for the flight. It gets my vote as the grottiest little airport I have been in for years, even worse than Rhodes

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 19 Jun 2018 07:08

It is the morning of our last day, our flight isn’t until 10pm, so we have a late checkout. Then it will be home to the washing machine as well

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Jun 2018 20:28

Hi Susan I live over the border in Gloucester, husband’s mother was Welsh, grew up in Merthyr.

Shaun yes washing machine has been going well. Two loads down another three to go.

Von

Von Report 18 Jun 2018 08:54

Morning Shaun and everyone looking in :-D <3

Bit grey here this morning but going to be hot later. Hope to get in the garden today. :-D

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 18 Jun 2018 08:23

Bore da / good morning to you all <3 :-)

Susan Croeso / Welcome to the mad house it is lovely to see fresh peeps popping in for a natter.

Linda I could of said Autumn Chicken :-)

Ann how are you diddling I expect the washing machine and iron are in over drive, the joys of coming back home :-)

Jem lovely to see you, thinking of you all :-)

Sylvia hope all is good with you :-)

Von where are you hiding :-)

Yvonne,Sallie,Mersey,Suemaid,Bethan,and anyone that pops in hope you are ok or okish.

Cwtchs for you all whether you wont one or not

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 Jun 2018 20:55

and welcome from me, Susan ..........

I also have nothing to do with Wales except my OH is half Welsh (his mother), and was born in a nursing home just inside the Welsh border (although the border was moved about 3 years later!). He also went to school in Wales, and his first language was Welsh (while his father was away in WW2).

I'm from Lancashire, live in Canada, and Shaun has also welcomed me with open arms.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 17 Jun 2018 18:22

Good to see you Jem, I hope you are able to get back soon

Welcome to the thread Susan. I am from Yorkshire, currently on holiday in Kos. I have nothing to do with Wales, but Shaun has adopted me

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 17 Jun 2018 18:02

Hi Susan :-)

Welcome to the Welsh Thread

I'm Jem from right down the bottom! I live in Carmarthenshire on the coast. Some lovely places here too!

Cute little dog :-)

I have been "AWOL" from here for a little while due to stressful family problems but am hoping to get back into a routine soon

~~~~~~~~~~~ To all my lovely friends :-) :-) :-) <3

Susan

Susan Report 17 Jun 2018 08:25

I live in North Wales wouldn't live anywhere else. My morning walk takes me along the coastal path by the River Dee and next to a Castle wouldn't change it for city life.

Sue x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Jun 2018 18:07

I think every so many weeks is a strike planned.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 16 Jun 2018 16:22

Oh dear, I didn’t realise the French were at it again. I hope you aren’t delayed, we come back on Tuesday

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Jun 2018 08:55

Oh Linda we have had weeks like that on holiday, so disappointing and thoughtless..I really think it should be no smoking on patios as well as in rooms.
We are in Spain Shaun, lovely weather for two weeks except for one day of a heavy shower and one evening of thunder storms. Back to UK tomorrow if French traffic control allow us.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 16 Jun 2018 06:35

I am not sure telling a lady she is a spring chicken is quite the correct thing to say Shaun :-0

I am glad that your garden is being sorted so you can spend time out there safely.

It is still sunny here, I am just summoning up the energy to go for another big breakfast.

We may go on the beach again as we now have the German chain smoker from hell in the next door room. We paid extra for a swim up room with private sun beds, but that puts us right next to this dreadful woman. We can’t leave our patio door open because the room fills with foul smelling smoke.
She has every right to smoke herself to death, from the dreadful state of her chest, that obviously won’t be long, but in the meantime we are downwind of her stench. Grr

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 15 Jun 2018 09:33

Bore da / Good morning everyone :-) <3

Hope you are all ok or okish <3

Mate been busy sorting patio area weathers been so unpredictable which is winding him up :-)

Had legs sorted 8.15 today so better get the blighters up.

Cwtchs for you all and on there way <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Linda you are a spring chicken so stop telling fibs :-)

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 13 Jun 2018 11:39

Of course I want cwtch’s , well at my age, I am grateful for anything :-D

Von

Von Report 13 Jun 2018 09:32

Good morning Shaun.
I did enjoy the strawberries thank you. We also have the wild ones at the bottom of the garden but I leave those for the wildlife. ;-)

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 13 Jun 2018 08:55

Linda funny you should say that even the neighbours think i am :-0 Didn't we have a lovely time the day we went to Kos :-) on the way back we sat with jack and opened a bottle of cider Ooh arrh, ooh arrh ay, Ooh arrh, ooh arrh ay . :-) :-)

Von did you enjoy your strawberries , up at the cottage we would have plenty of the wild alpine strawberries growing on the walls and rockery they were only little ones but very tasty.

Hope you are all in good fettle or goodish fettle thinking of you all and sending cwtchs whether you wont one or not :-) :-) <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 :-) :-)

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 11 Jun 2018 11:02

Shaun you are md as a hatter :-D

They don’t do rock here, it will have to be Greek Delight. That is the same as Turkish delight, but don’t tell the Greeks that

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 11 Jun 2018 08:56

Been very hectic here mates trying to sort out the garden i;e widening paths and extending patio area so i can have raised beds for my veggies .

Linda that is great that your council has a day trips to Kos .
Don't forget a stick of rock please:-)

Von sorry to read that bobby rob left the nest. you must get some pics of your wildlife , I miss the wildlife I had up at the cottage, not the same now.

Hope everyone is ok or okish and being good :-)
Sending cwtchs to you all <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3