General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Meghan Markle's Dad

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 May 2018 09:42

Can't you just identify with his reaction?

I know I can. Just could not imagine coming out of his laid back life to drop into all the palaver of any wedding , never mind a royal one.

PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Dermot

Dermot Report 15 May 2018 09:49

British values are not necessarily universal values.

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 May 2018 09:50

And?

Island

Island Report 15 May 2018 10:02

No, I can't identify with his reaction

Sometimes you just have to rise to the occasion. It is his daughter getting married.

Apparently he has recently had a heart attack which seems a sensible reason to stay home but if it's just a matter of the jitters I say 'grow up man'

Bunnyboo

Bunnyboo Report 15 May 2018 10:07

Tbh you'd think that Prince Harry would have insisted on meeting and perhaps getting to know his intended's father when he first became engaged?!! For this poor man to suddenly be dropped in at the deep end of a royal affair without even a chat on the phone is surely quite ridiculous and no wonder he feels simply can't go through with it. Talk about badly handled!!!

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 May 2018 10:09

I would not think it was jitters. I would expect something more in the order of full blown terror.

How many pairs of eyes are expected to be on that ceremony?

Island

Island Report 15 May 2018 10:26

Yes magpie, I've just read that Harry hasn't met his future father in law. A poor show.

Sharron, I was using 'the jitters' as a catch all brown trousers expression.

Personally I wouldn't care how many pairs of eyes were at the ceremony (and I hate crowds) but I would be there for family.

Harry needs to cross the pond tout suite

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 15 May 2018 12:05

He needs to front up with a smile. It's his daughter's big day and, as she's expecting him to do fatherly duty, he should not shirk it.

A few deep breaths and a beaming smile should do the trick. I don't think it's too much to ask for.

Do we know for certain that he and Harry have never met because sometimes a private trip can take place without the public ever knowing about it.

Barbra

Barbra Report 15 May 2018 12:22

when you see other families coming into the Royal family it must be really hard for them to adapt ..we don't know what has happened with her Father news papers have a field day .& has Harry met his future FIL ? I wont be watching but lets hope they enjoy their day .& the children behave all dressed in their posh clothes :-) :-)

Dermot

Dermot Report 15 May 2018 12:27

Adam & Eve had no fathers-in-law to meet & see where that left them! :-S

Bunnyboo

Bunnyboo Report 15 May 2018 12:46

You've lost me there Dermot!! :-S :-S

Caroline

Caroline Report 15 May 2018 12:47

As much as I think he didn't help his cause by selling those pictures, you have to wonder how he ever thought he'd go from hiding away to worldwide coverage literally overnight.

Dermot

Dermot Report 15 May 2018 13:17

Maybe he likes being a recluse. Nothing illegal there.

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 May 2018 13:21

I am thinking along those lines.

Bunnyboo

Bunnyboo Report 15 May 2018 15:10

Would have been sensible to find that out weeks ago instead of at the last minute!!

Kay????

Kay???? Report 15 May 2018 15:55

Her sister was on TV,,,,,,,she and the MM dont get on,,,,,she last saw MM in 2015 prior to that a 10 year lapse....Mr M courted the press with those pics,,,,,,also the sister I think played a hand in it, she isnt invited to the do anyway,,,,,,,,,,!She explained the --so called heart rumpus..after he left the hospital after I think said 2 hours//days.? he drove a journey of over a 100 miles....sister tried to back track by saying that people do have a HA without any major symptoms.?...

Harry hasnt met FFIL,,,,,,,,MM hasnt seen her dad for an age.........so dad I think has turned grumpy......who can blame him......daughter or no daughter in his shoes I supose hes said,,,,,,,NO,,,,,,,,,,carry on and leave me out of it. without the dencency to meet my FSIL,,,,,,,,,,

say home Mr M.....you'd only be misrable.

Bunnyboo

Bunnyboo Report 15 May 2018 16:04

Good advice Kay!! Poor man, it's all been handled so badly by all concerned he's better to stay put and let them all get on with it - crocodile tears and all!!

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 15 May 2018 16:56

Her half sister did say months ago that she would scupper the wedding.

Well she has certainly done that,BITCH that she is.

Why set up your father with pictures/press and then try and make excuses with a heart attack.

Her sister is just plain jealous that Meghan has made a good match.

Barbra

Barbra Report 15 May 2018 17:16

There is no need for some remarks on here none of us know the family,s its just press hype that's telling tales .it sells papers, honestly if you know nowt say nowt .. :-\

Island

Island Report 15 May 2018 18:04

Which remarks are they Barbra? You were happy to make ignorant comments yourself on the other RF thread.