General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bodyguard

Page 0 + 1 of 7

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 26 Aug 2018 22:27

Who watched it and are you gripped?
Have to say I was gripped from the opening scenes and it was unervingly realistic given previous events.

The next episode is tom eve at 9pm BBC1

Florence in the hebrides :-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 26 Aug 2018 22:51

I've got it on the recording box to watch tomorrow as we had visitors.

Keeley Hawes is one of my favourite actresses

Glad it's good, as Unforgotten has finished. :-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 27 Aug 2018 00:40

Yep excellent, tension for Ep. 1...I was really deep into the train sequence....

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 27 Aug 2018 08:39

Florence, you beat me to it! I was going to put up a thread this morning, too tired last night.

It is written by Jed Mecurio, who wrote Line Of Duty. There was a thread for that last year, when quite a few of us got involved in trying to work out who was Balaclava Man.

Keeley Hawes and Gina McKee are both in Bodyguard, also were in Line Of Duty.

It certainly started with a bang, and kept on going.

I think David is bubbling under the surface, so will he be able to hold it together?

Keeley Hawes' character in this is nothing like that nice Mrs Durrall, is she?

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 27 Aug 2018 08:51

I thoroughly enjoyed it...what a tense first 20 mins :-0

Looking forward to this evening's episode...hope it continues as it started...gripping stuff :-D

I agree about David.....take away his professional exterior...what is he really thinking ....what is he capable of doing :-0

Bunnyboo

Bunnyboo Report 27 Aug 2018 09:59

OH and I were transfixed! Brilliant! Can't wait for tonight!!

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 27 Aug 2018 12:25

LOL didnt watch the Durrels.. but ashes to ashes was good...

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 27 Aug 2018 13:29

They are repeating Spooks on London Live. She was good in that too.

I am really looking forward to tonights' episode.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 27 Aug 2018 22:10

Woweeee. That was a roller coaster of a ride.

That was a turn up David's pal being the marksman. Did not see that coming.

Still not sure what the motives of the Home Secretary are.

But that episode had it all, action and sauce!

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 27 Aug 2018 22:17

Well, the 2nd episode certainly didn't disappoint :-0

Four episodes to go what is going to happen next :-0

Florence61

Florence61 Report 27 Aug 2018 22:47

Well I started watching it and then came a phone call I had to take!!! Saw a few bits and bobs but missed the 2nd half. Still was good and tension was great too.

Did I miss them kissing? Turned to look at tv and was sure they were!!

next episode, I will not answer the blooming phone as don't want to miss anymore.

Florence in the hebrides :-)

PS I thought his pal was something to do with it!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Aug 2018 00:33

It went a bit further than kissing! :-D

We read a lot about Islamic Radicalisation - the pub scene with his mate had very similar overtones.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 28 Aug 2018 06:48

Just a tad, DET ;-) :-D

I agree with you about the pub scene...thought exactly the same :-0

Mersey

Mersey Report 28 Aug 2018 08:46

I am looking forward to watching this now :-D :-D

Bunnyboo

Bunnyboo Report 28 Aug 2018 09:35

Why didn't the car have bullet proof glass?!! How did mate know their movements? as surely the bodyguard would have been bound by the official secrets act preventing from discussing his job with anyone particularly his mate who clearly had an axe to grind?! Blood everywhere, but not much over him?!! Where was her bodyguard when the police finally arrived, we knew, but they didn't, surely they might have wondered?!! Hopping into bed? Predictable and, yawn! yawn! For me this started well but hopefully won't get too ridiculous!!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Aug 2018 11:41

Its fiction, Rollo. It doesn't have to be entirely accurate.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 28 Aug 2018 11:50

I'm really enjoying this but just wish the David character would speak more slowly. I always have trouble with Scottish accents but it's even worse when they speak quickly.
At some points, especially in the first episode, I had to keep running it back and putting on the subtitles so I could follow what was being said.

Still well worth watching though. I think all the best drama starts at this time of year.

Kath. x

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 28 Aug 2018 16:13

I must be honest, I turned the subtitles on. I could not catch all the dialogue.

Must clean out my ear trumpet. :-D :-D

Tabitha

Tabitha Report 29 Aug 2018 13:45

I think i was watching a different show - nothing really exciting happened in the first one (the train scene was good until the squad got there - spent too long telling him to get out the toilet) - Not a patch on Line of Duty and it could have all been condensed in one hour episode, would have been a lot more exciting. Best bits were the White Van and the ambush scenes - they were good.

I like Gina McKee and Keeley Hawes which is why I was watching it - I really dont like the David Budd chap - wouldn't do anything for me and he has too strong an accent. His mind seems to wonder a lot.

Dont mind a bit of bedroom but that was way out of character and far too much filling in time and too early in their relationship for my way of thinking..

Will see what part 3 offers - I need a bit more excitement to keep me glued. Getting way too cynical in my old age. I love my fiction and dont care if its way off the real thing. Give me S.W.A.T, 911 or NCIS any day, lots of car chases, gun fire and explosions at times and you get some good eyecandy.

Line of Duty is being repeated from Season 1 this week if anyone is interested. I believe its on Sony Crime channel. I only picked it up from series 3 - so really looking forward to seeing it from the beginning.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 29 Aug 2018 16:16

only an hour? just wait till it gets on freeview...10minutes, then 10 minutes of adds stretches out to a "Full length feature! about 2 1/2 hours...