General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Deaths following the Oxford Astra Zenica jab

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 11 Apr 2021 19:25

Just thought I'd post on here about this to see if anyone else has been thinking about possiblilities.

My daughter and I were chatting on Friday evening about it and she thought that as deaths from this particular jab were more often than not in the under-50s, she wondered whether they could be attributable to the OxAZ anti-virus jab reacting with the pill, steroids or protein drinks - all more likely to be taken by the under-50s.

Caroline

Caroline Report 11 Apr 2021 19:35

It's early days but there is a school of thought that thinks it's hormone-based for any reactions. That said the odds of it happening are still much much smaller than someone getting Covid.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 11 Apr 2021 19:40

They are indeed Caroline. Daughter and I chat about all sorts - often science-based.

Von

Von Report 11 Apr 2021 20:06

There is a dr on you tube who thinks that there is a possibility that it might be the way the jabs are administered.

He believes that they might be inadvertently put into a blood vessel instead of the muscle.

Island

Island Report 11 Apr 2021 20:12

crikey Von, that's a bit hit and miss :-0

Joy, why steroids? They are used for all sorts of medicinal purposes inc the over 50s. RA for eg.

Von

Von Report 11 Apr 2021 20:31

That’s why he said it should be investigated Island.

The way some injections are administered have changed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vEg523BilxI

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 11 Apr 2021 20:48

The type of blood clot linked with the AZ is a very rare one...Pfizer has also had cases reported.

I understand some people’s concerns re the birth pill...but how do you explain the Male deaths from the same adverse reaction.

I also don’t understand giving the under 30’s a different jab in U.K..when in most countries they don’t want to give it to the under 50/60’s.

A male aged 59 died in Warrington recently
:-(

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 11 Apr 2021 23:45

I know that steroids are sometimes used for easing symptoms of things like Rheumatoid Arthritis as before Mum died she was put on them but it's well known that some younger men who want to 'bulk up' use steroids and/or protein drinks to do so.

Von, I didn't even feel the needle go in for my first jab which was done by my doctor. I certainly felt it on Saturday when my second jab was done by a volunteer who was not a doctor or a nurse. You couldn't even see where the first one went in but I still have redness around the second one which I never had the first time around.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 12 Apr 2021 01:57

JoyLouise
Was your 2nd jab in roughly the same place as your first?

I was really surprised at just how high up my arm the 1st jab was placed. Like you, I didn't feel it. It too was given by a doctor.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 12 Apr 2021 07:17

Gwyn, my second jab was a bit higher up my arm than my first.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Apr 2021 08:11

Gwyn I thought my second jab was higher than the first. (Pfizer). I have actually wondered if they will find similarities when they investigate more i.e. medicines taken, illnesses had, blood types, conditions (such as Arthritis), could be anything, or could prove to be random. But still not a reason for not having it.

Island

Island Report 12 Apr 2021 12:14

So........ arthritic body builders who are on the pill and under 50?
hmmm...... :-S

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 12 Apr 2021 12:50

Island, I am sure that my daughter and I aren't the only ones to chat about things such as deaths from covid and we are aware that nothing has been proven but it does not stop people from puzzling over things.

Not necessarily arthritic body builders but rather some younger men using steroids to bulk up and give might - remember the accusations about Bradley Wiggins and other sports people?

It is probably rare to find a 60-year-old taking something to bulk up - more often it would be necessary medication at that age.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Apr 2021 13:05

Sometimes, in fact, quite often, people have developing blood clots that they are not aware of.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 12 Apr 2021 13:07

I think it's right that we question and want to know more about risks.

Have you read all the drug companies leaflets for any prescription medications that you might take?

If we worried too much about those, many of us would not be able to lead the sort of lives we do, without the benefits of these medicines.

I like to question, but am prepared to take the advice of people with much more understanding and training regarding medicine and it's benefits.

EDIT
Just seen Maggie's posting.

Quite so.
Back in 2015,one early hours of the morning, I had an unusual sensation in my upper chest, - not pain.
In the morning, I got on with my day, went shopping, met a friend for coffee, caught a bus to deliver shopping to daughter's house, - all with no symptoms.
Back home, had light lunch then felt the strange sensation again.
It was so slight, that if I'd been out shopping, I would have ignored it ( if I'd even felt it ?)
Something told me to check this out....... and the hospital discovered I'd a pulmonary embolism.
Further tests followed and no apparent cause was found, but with medication, I can forget about it and just get on with life.

Island

Island Report 12 Apr 2021 13:11

Whoa Joy! Sensitive? :-0

No, I don't remember accusations about Bradley Wiggins. Not my area of interest.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Apr 2021 13:11

I had the second Astra three weeks ago

Felt a bit off the next day and a heavy arm on the jab point on lifting it

Daughter and son in law and grandson have all had the Astra with very little side effects

But if blood clots are a possible side effect then instructions on what to look out for and when to get help should be made a priority instruction

Island

Island Report 12 Apr 2021 13:18

I agree Shirley, information on what to look out for re clots would be far more useful.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 12 Apr 2021 13:41

Sorry Island, I had not realised you were sensitive.

I apologise if I touched a nerve.

We are a fairly sporty family but I remember also when a handful of Russian athletes took steroids - it was quite widely reported.

I remember, too, that we were a little bemused by the explanation given re Wiggins's positive test.

Island

Island Report 12 Apr 2021 13:55

JOY! Touch a nerve? I meant YOU!

I have RA and have for the past year been taking a steroid - I would prefer not to but needs must.
Do you think I and others in the same situation want to see your 'scientific' pontificating with your daughter posted on an internet forum? Use some common sense - do you not realise how quickly unfounded comments become 'fact' in cyberland?
Take the pee out of my condition if you must but confine it to you fanciful private conversations!

There was a time when such topics were reported without delay and I can see why.