General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

British Gas

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Island

Island Report 1 Aug 2022 14:40

Does anyone need to access their website?

Is it ever working? :-| :-| :-|

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 1 Aug 2022 14:49

I don't have problems with it Island as I check my meter usage with it

Island

Island Report 1 Aug 2022 14:56

Thanks LG. How strange that I've been getting 'temporarily ??? ' since yesterday afternoon :-S Any chance you could send me a link please, just in case there's something wrong with the one I'm using.

Island

Island Report 1 Aug 2022 16:35

Here's how it works people.
My question is visible without opening the thread. It's a yes or a no answer.
If yes, proceed to reply box and say 'yes' I'm having problems with the website or 'no' it works fine for me.
If it's a 'no' in the first instance..... well I hope my thread, which is very important to me as I'm trying to pay my bill via the website, gave you a couple of minutes excitement in your little life :-S :-S :-S

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 1 Aug 2022 16:42

Sorry I got side tracked with a phone call. I will try now

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 1 Aug 2022 16:47

It wouldn't let me send a link to you for some strange reason. I can get straight into my account with no problem but computer say no to anything else. Sorry <3

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 1 Aug 2022 16:48

No.

I’ve checked the various sites to see if it is down and it is not showing up so presume the site is working.

Doesn’t help the frustration when it won’t work for you.

Island

Island Report 1 Aug 2022 16:49

Thank you LG. I'm still being told 'something went wrong'

Island

Island Report 1 Aug 2022 16:53

Names, I've googled 'is British Gas website down' and only get negatives. Surely it can't be down for 24+ hours.

I also get 'there's something wrong when I've only just started to put my email ad in. then it tells me off for not keying in @ before I've even hit the key :-S

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 1 Aug 2022 17:10

That happens with BT but you just ignore the message and keep typing.

Added I,ve just tried again and it says it is not down. Where it does say it’s down the dates are not today.

Island

Island Report 1 Aug 2022 18:52

I do ignore the message and carry on typing Names, put my password in, click 'take me to your leader' or whatever, could be ''next' but constantly get ''something went wrong'

There's a lack of happy customers here -

System outage | British Gas business

British Gas website down today, Aug 2022 | Product Reviews (product-reviews.net)

Either it's down or it isn't :-S

Interesting that the two links I posted haven't come up as links :-S Something's not right.

~~~~~~~~~~ to the lurkers. cooee :-D :-D

Von

Von Report 1 Aug 2022 19:09

Island I didn’t add as there wasn’t anything that I could suggest that would help.

However as I’ve no idea which device you are using to access the site have you tried using another web browser.

I only ask because on my IPad I generally use chrome but for online banking I change the browser.

I presume you’ve rebooted your machine. Obvious I know but I don’t always remember until I’ve been round in several circles. ;-)

Island

Island Report 1 Aug 2022 19:16

Laptop Von. Rebooted.
I shouldn't have to change browser which works for everything else surely?

People on one of the above links are saying it is down and often is.

Von

Von Report 1 Aug 2022 19:20

Just a suggestion Island. It’s just something to try when things don’t work.

Which links :-S

Island

Island Report 1 Aug 2022 19:22

The two which didn't come up as links Von :-0

18:52 after 'There's a lack of happy customers here -

:-(

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 1 Aug 2022 19:28

I use Chrome and my tablet and Firefox on my lappy. If a site doesn't work on my tablet I try on my lappy or vice versa and normally I get one of them to work :-)

Island

Island Report 1 Aug 2022 19:41

Since yesterday afternoon

Something went wrong
Sorry, we're having technical problems at the moment. Please come back and try again later.

If you have to swop browsers something is wrong with the site :-(

Island

Island Report 1 Aug 2022 19:42

Belle, have you tried signing in to B. Gas?

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 1 Aug 2022 19:55

I've just tried on my lappy, Island which is Firefox and got in.

It said when it asks for your email address

'Your email does not look right. Please enter an email address'

I just continued typing my email addresss and then that message disappeared and it said continue....then I was in :-0 :-)

Island

Island Report 1 Aug 2022 22:15

Thanks Belle, I get that message but just carry on typing, then type in password and I get 'something went wrong etc.

I remember years ago when GR was telling everyone who was having problems to try different browsers. It turned out to be a problem with GR.