Hobbies and Crafts

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cardmaking, scrap booking, Adult colouring

Page 0 + 1 of 19

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Aug 2013 15:46

and other paper crafts title changed slightly to reflect new interests. Although I am hoping the main craft thread can be transferred to this board, (It has so much information on it that it would be a pity to lose it), as other threads go up on various crafts they will detach obviously from the main thread. I think a dedicated papercraft thread is a good idea.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Aug 2013 16:03

When I was at Hobbycraft spending birthday money I bought a Stephanie Weightman die. It is quite intricate, a peacock, but it cuts beautifully and the cut out pieces are so easy to dislodge. I love it and have used it on my Big Shot. A foiled royal blue peacock looks stunning on a white card and in the tail I have added royal blue jewels.

ChAoTicintheNewYear

ChAoTicintheNewYear Report 20 Aug 2013 22:52

Sounds lovely Ann :-)

JustJean

JustJean Report 19 Sep 2013 13:24

Finally got down to doing some cards, after closing down my craft room, I kept some stuff back so i could do some now and then, it was so hard to do,before I had all my craft stuff to hand now its in drawers and boxes, so found it frustrating....
but did some die cutts and some embossing . I have a lot of A6 crards that are perfumed so used some of them, just need to add some decorations, but got fed up so maybe later....Ann and Sallie I will send some poics when i finally finish them...but it may be a while ;-) ;-) ;-)

hope you are enjoying the sunshine Ann, its cold and pouring down here :-( :-(

love Jean xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Sep 2013 21:37

You have done well with limited room Jean, liked all the cards.

JustJean

JustJean Report 25 Sep 2013 10:49

Cant help myself, I have bought e-Bosser electric die cutter, found the cuttlebug so hard to use with my athritic shoulder , I had kept some dies back and also bought a couple of new ones....should arrive on tiesday next week.....cant wait :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 Sep 2013 11:49

Did you sell off the other die cutters you had? Not heard of that one though.

JustJean

JustJean Report 25 Sep 2013 15:46

yes Ann, I just kept the cuttlebug , but it is hard for me to turn my dodgy shoulder is getting worse, I have toyed with the idea of the electric one and now its just arrived which was a big surprise ,so quckly.... I have watched the tutorials on you tube and read the reviews so thought it would help me cut and emboss easier, I havent had a go yet , but the instruction book looks very clear to follow so will do it later...

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Sep 2013 10:19

I prefer the Big shot to the cuttlebug if I had to choose to keep one of my two.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Oct 2013 17:40

Those who make cards, how are your Christmas cards coming on? I think I might have almost finished mine but shall go on making them. That is why I am so far ahead, I made a lot extra last year.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Oct 2013 14:42

Photos on the photo blog of Glos docks and Luke.

Anotheranninglos

Anotheranninglos Report 17 Oct 2013 18:43

At the moment I am cross stitching little xmas trees to put into those cut out cards.
I am not very good at cross stitching but I must be getting better as at least now I can see on the back where to unpick the stitches when I make a mistake. Before it was just a big tangled mess.

Anne

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Oct 2013 20:15

I know the feeling Ann I am loke that with cross stitch but it makes nice cards so well done.

Good to see you anyway, how are you? :-)

Anotheranninglos

Anotheranninglos Report 18 Oct 2013 14:31

Ann,
Things are good at the moment apart from my frozen shoulder, which is why I am doing cross stitching instead of latch rugging. that puts a bit more strain on the shoulder as I am pulling the thread threw.
Anne

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Oct 2013 14:55

Glad things are good for you Anne, sorry about the shoulder though, that is painful I'm sure, hope it improves soon.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Oct 2013 11:37

Jean mentioned pin flair glue on another thread.

What do you use the pin flair gel glue for if you can't be without it?

I use it as glue spread it out or instead of pads to lift up toppers ect: I love it, its useful for fixing all manner of craft stuff example gems , flowers, matting with the delicate backing ones, wouldnt be without it....use a tooth pick and you can put tiny blobs on the delicate stuff....

Right must get some, where do you get it? Going to copy this onto the craft thread too.

JustJean

JustJean Report 21 Oct 2013 13:16

I get it on line but it can be bought in some craft shops....

cheaper on e-bay though.

Jean x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Oct 2013 14:03

Thanks Jean

Winifred

Winifred Report 22 Oct 2013 10:37

I live in Cyprus and run a craft group here but craft goods are hard to come by. No craft shops as such rely on stationers or market stalls and online shopping which takes an age to get here and postage is a nightmare. Doesn't stop me from card making and papercrafting tho lol
W x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Oct 2013 10:59

Hello Winifred,

Good to hear from somebody new on the thread. do tell us more about what sort of cards you make? Stamped, toppers, shaped such as stepped etc? do you subscribe to any of the card magazines such as Quick cards made easy etc? they usually have free samples attached.

Do come back on and chat to us. :-)