Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Christopher Alexander Robertson

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Detail

Detail Report 12 Apr 2014 08:46

I am trying to find my brothers dad he is Scottish and was born in Edinburgh around 1948-1957, some where in them years.
He was a chef around the year of 1974 he lived in London with our mum
my brothers name is also christopher Alexander Robertson born 1974 hackney,
Please if anyone has any information please

patchem

patchem Report 12 Apr 2014 08:48

Have you looked to see if he is in anyone's tree on here, and tried to make contact that way?

Detail

Detail Report 12 Apr 2014 08:50

I did send an email to someone yesterday,
So hoping I hear back from them, x

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 12 Apr 2014 15:12

could he have been already married when he lived with your mum?

it's just that there is a marriage for that name in 1970 in Hackney and that couple had only one child, 2 years later

there are actually 4 trees with Christopher Robertson born Edinburgh 1950 +/- 10 years ... does any of them belong to your son? (edit, sorry, I meant your brother)

the two that show a birthdate of 1940 could belong to the same person but it is worth sending messages to both accounts because one could have a current email address and the other not.

Detail

Detail Report 12 Apr 2014 15:33

Thank you I will give it ago for my brother thanks x

Detail

Detail Report 12 Apr 2014 15:54

I have sent a message and fingers crossed
I hope so my brother could do with some happiness x

Detail

Detail Report 13 Apr 2014 18:12

Please if anyone knows of his whereabouts I would love
To hear from you

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 13 Apr 2014 18:58

Lisa you might have to spend a bit of money to get information ... that may or may not end up being useful

I would get the marriage certificate I referred to ... if it says the groom is a chef you would know you had the right man

this is where to order certificates

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

(if you do, post when you receive it but don't put the personal information here, just whether you think you have found the right person)

and I will send you the marriage details privately, go to your message inbox to read it shortly

as for the messages you have sent, check in your sent messages box to see whether they have been read, if there is an envelope beside them then they have not been read

remember that not everybody checks their email every day ... but also if people have changed their email address and don't come to this site regularly they will not know they have messages

for others' info ... the person who may be CAR's wife is a member of this site and I have passed on related info to Lisa

Detail

Detail Report 13 Apr 2014 19:50

We don't live at that address now I wasn't even born then,
But I thought this may help people who may have known him xx

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 13 Apr 2014 19:53

no one who knew him then is likely to see this thread in 100 years unless they google his full name for some reason :-)

(in the forum list look next to your thread title and you can see how many people have viewed it, and all the other threads on this board)

I see you have read my detailed private message ... hope it helps ...

... reply received :-)

Detail

Detail Report 13 Apr 2014 20:38

Yes thank you :-) :-)

Detail

Detail Report 15 Apr 2014 12:10

This is beginning to become a joke !!!! Send text message and you don't get nothing back, !!!

jax

jax Report 15 Apr 2014 12:46

I looked at the likely members you sent messages to.....the account numbers were about 9/10 years old so there is a good chance they are no longer using the same email address.

Also some people don't look at their emails daily....I only look once a week if that, and I am on the computer all daylong.

Christopher Robertson is not an uncommon name so I would guess there were many born with that name during that period....especially in Scotland (being a Scottish surname)

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 15 Apr 2014 14:47

but the one I'm referring to (don't know where he was born) married in Hackney 4 years before the birth of Lisa's brother in Hackney ... and his first wife remarried w/in 10 years of the first marriage ... it is she who has trees here at genesreunited

member number 215 xxx xxx ... when would that have been?

......... but Lisa I gave you real world contact info for that person, are you going to try it ?

there is some reason to think they might still be in touch

or first get the marriage certificate I suggested by PM to see what the groom's occupation was

jax

jax Report 15 Apr 2014 15:09

Is that too many numbers Joonie? as we are only up to 13 million now

If that is meant to be 2 million then the account would be approx. 10 years old

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 15 Apr 2014 15:34

oops :-D

3 xxx xxx

and

5 xxx xxx

two trees same person ... wait, now I don't even know where I got 215 xxx xxx from !!

oh right it's the number on the end of the string when you click 'get more info' not the member number, where is the headsmack icon

Detail

Detail Report 15 Apr 2014 15:50

Do I still try and get the certificate !!!!!

As really confused with the bit on here

So is a old record to go on then, coz I am lost ????

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 15 Apr 2014 15:53

Lisa I sent you contact info for the person who married a Christopher Robertson in Hackney before your brother was born, and then married someone else a few years later

name, address, phone number

also the reason why they might still be in touch :-)

you could just go ahead and write her a letter, or get the marriage certificate first to see whether it is likely that the groom was 'your' Christopher Robertson

you can get the certificate with no problem (just don't post any details here of course) if you want to do that

Detail

Detail Report 15 Apr 2014 15:56

Ok thank you hunni xx

Detail

Detail Report 17 Apr 2014 08:40

Well the telephone number didn't work I have to check and try again
Done that no good