Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Company Information

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kense

Kense Report 10 Apr 2016 08:17

Could the company information be updated to reflect the current company structure.

As I understand it from the DC Thomson site, GenesReunited is part of FindMyPast (formerly DC Thomson Family History) and has not been directly connected to brightsolid for about two years.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Apr 2016 10:52

Why are you bothering posting on here KenSE? You know as well as the rest of us that this and other boards have been 'abandoned'.

If you want an answer either email them or write.

Kense

Kense Report 11 Apr 2016 15:39

Not quite, I have seen a post by the Community Manager in the last month. Can't remember where it was though.

Also when I posted on the thread advertising passports on this board, action was taken within a couple of hours even though the threads had been there (reoported) for days. Coincidence perhaps.

In any case this suggestion I have made wouldn't take much effort to implement (assuming another restructuring isn't about to take place).

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Apr 2016 17:03

The Passport one + the duplicate on General lasted from business hours Thursday to the following Tuesday. In all likelihood they'd risen to the top of Supports 'to do' list unless you know otherwise??

As for your suggestion to amend the company details. If you're expecting a speedy reply, you'll be sorely disappointed. They only look at their facebook page about once a week and that has a higher priority in their eyes than the boards themselves.

Kense

Kense Report 11 Apr 2016 22:33

You don't expect replies on this board, so I won't be disappointed.

Even though it would be an easy change to make, removing the baubles fron the ZA site should be even easier and that action is still outstanding.

JoyDean

JoyDean Report 12 Apr 2016 11:00

Good idea, Ken.