Help Centre - Frequently Asked Questions
What subscriptions do you offer?
We offer 2 types of subscription – Standard and Pllatinum. A description of each one is shown below.
You’ll be able to see how much each one costs when you click on to the Subscription page. We show the price in different currencies depending on where you live. If you are currently subscribed, you'll only see the options available to you. The link to subscribe can be found in the top right hand corner of the page.
This is available for either one month or a year (£19.95/£79.95).
• Contact other members from your search results
• Accept invitations to view their trees
• Post photos and scanned images such as certificates to your Keepsafe, and attach these images to relations in your tree
• Add messages to the message boards
You also get access to these records
• Indexed birth, marriage and death records from 1837 - 2006
• England and Wales Census records from 1841 to 1911
• Scottish census from 1841 to 1901
• Overseas birth, marriage and death records
• UK Electoral Roll information for 2002-2013
If you want to broaden your search, as a Platinum member you can buy additional access to more record sets, including
• Military records
• Parish records
• Travel and Overseas records
• British Newspaper Archive content
This is available for either six months or a year (£14.95/£19.95). You’ll enjoy the same features as the Platinum package, but you only get access to the non-indexed births, marriage and death records. You can buy credits to access the rest of the records if you want to take your search further.
And if you’re curious to know more, but not sure you want to subscribe yet, you can register and build your family tree for free and buy Pay Per View credits to view records. They cost £5 for 50 credits or £17.95 for 200 credits and give you access to all of our records. You can purchase credits here.
Download our eBook
Whether you're new to family history or you've been researching your tree for some time, download our free eBook for hint and tips on how to get the best out of Genes Reunited.
Trace your living relatives
Whether you want to trace living relatives, plan a reunion or find out how to use Genes Reunited to find family links, download our guide for more information.
Build your family tree
You can build your family tree for free so be sure to add as many names as you can. Contact other members who have added the same names as you and watch your tree grow.
New Military Records
Was your ancestor a war hero?
View thousands of new military records including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.