Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone need Jersey look-ups?

Page 8 + 1 of 9

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gina

Gina Report 18 Sep 2008 16:11

Hi again Pam

Is it possible to find more details on these businesses and maybe a photo? Is there any clues as to what happened to the restaurant after Ellen died in 1973. I have tried searching the net but keep drawing a blank. Apart from the indian resaurant that is.

gina

jerseylily

jerseylily Report 18 Sep 2008 16:28

Gina
I wouldn't know where to start looking for a photo and I doubt if there is any information about the cafe/restaurant. I can't imagine that it is a listed building or anything of importance.
I don't think I'll be able to help you with this one - sorry.

Pam

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 6 Oct 2008 00:41

n

Linda

Linda Report 31 Oct 2009 09:11

Could you help me please, Im trying to find my great grandfathers birth date. All l know is he was born in Jersey, St Helier l believe, around 1845, and his fathers name was Patrick.

Thelma

Thelma Report 7 Nov 2009 12:59

Hi again Pam
If you are still doing lookups.
I am after the marriage of Robert James Tostevin
Should be St Helier about 1907 to a Florence.
Regards Jim

jerseylily

jerseylily Report 9 Nov 2009 21:22

Hi Jim
Don't know what made me look at this thread tonight as it's slipped so far down the board nobody much knows it's here anymore.

I'll have a look for that marriage for you sometime in the week.

Pam

jerseylily

jerseylily Report 12 Nov 2009 14:39

Hi Jim

Robert James Tostevin married at the St Helier Registry Office between 1906 and 1910. There is a Florence Alice de la Mare on the same page. If you want more information about the marriage I can probably go and look at the certificate sometime next week.

Florence's baptism is on line and gives her parents as William John de la Mare, a shipwright and Mary Ann Pallot, date of birth 13/8/1882

There's quite a bit of information about this couple on the Jersey Heritage site.

All the best

Pam

Thelma

Thelma Report 12 Nov 2009 16:36

Hi Pam
That is excellent.Robert is a brother of my wife's gt/grandfather.
Thelma thanks you and says don't put yourself out because we have so many dates missing it would not be fair on you.
Thank you again Jim
------------------------------
Florance De La Mare William,
Mary A abt 1883 St Heliers, Jersey, Channel Islands Daughter St Helier, Jersey