Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

USA marriages

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 15 Mar 2017 10:27

Do any of you kind people have access to any American genealogy sites. I am trying to find a marriage for a Robert Curran and Inez Paisley approx from 1915 to 1922, sorry do not know which state but know they lived in Utah at some time.. Are there any free genealogy sites I could do look ups on. Many thanks

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 15 Mar 2017 10:54

Plenty on family search.org

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 15 Mar 2017 11:05

I had a look on Familysearch too and found Robert W Currin with a wife named Inez.

Looking back further, her maiden name was not Paisley

There is also a 45yr old widow in Utah at 1940 named Inez Curran
Census states that she was born in Utah
Son named Kenneth b Utah 1922

Her maiden name was Langton and she married 38yr old widower, Robert D Curran in California in 1920 but her middle name did start with "P"

She was the daughter of James Langton ( irish) and Susie Ross ( New York)
I cannot locate a birth record to determine her middle name.

John, we need to know how you worked back to this couple.
Was it via a child?
If we knew how you got back to this couple, we can exclude all others, also named Robert and Inez

Dea

Dea Report 15 Mar 2017 11:39

This is an newspaper obituary which mentions Inez and her family - hope it is of some help:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/47975247

It comes from:

Salt Lake Telegram, 1938-04-19 Obituaries

Dea x

John

John Report 15 Mar 2017 11:39

Hi Glasgowlass. Actually an America friend married to a Dutchman in Holland had a middle name of Curran on FB. We also have a friend living in Utah and she has a middle name of Curran also on FB , thought how odd. I contacted my friend in Holland and she said she didn't know much about the Currans her fathers side because her parents split up when she was 2 ys old but told me her father was called Kenneth Curran and his parents were a Robert and Inez Curran. Last night I found the mother of our friend who lives in Utah and couldn't believe it but her mother was called Inez Curran so contacted her to find her mother maiden name was Gish( I knew the cousin of my friend was Lillian Gish the silent movie star) that there were only 3 girls and there was no brother named Kenneth. So that ruled out any connection between our 2 friends. So that's all I have to go on Robert and Inez Curran, I thought if I could find a marriage for them I could perhaps find out more. Maybe the maiden name of Inez isn't Paisley, will have to contact my friend in Holland to see if she has seen her fathers birth certificate, or perhaps her mother has seen it, I believe she is still alive and lives in New York. Sorry that's all I have to go on

John

John Report 15 Mar 2017 11:46

I have found the 1930 census and see Inez Curran her mother being Sussie A Langton with Kenneth Curran listed, grandson, so this must be the family. Saw no Robert Curran and states Inez Curran married and not a widow

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 15 Mar 2017 11:46

Kenneth Curran son of Robert D Curran and Inez P Langton was born circa 1922 in Utah.

He is 18yrs old and unmarried on the 1940 census and just spotted that his mother was a divorcee and not a widow!

:https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-L9MB-T9Z7

Parents 1920 marriage is also found on Family Search

John

John Report 15 Mar 2017 12:08

Just looked back on notes from Holland, states she has a half brother,b 1949 who lives in California, his father being Kenneth Curran but his parents divorced. Her mother Kenneth , they married and lived in Illinois nr Chicargo. Well I seem a little nearer with your findings regarding the maiden name of Inez

John

John Report 15 Mar 2017 12:14

Sorry got a bit mixed up with my typing on above post. Should read her mother met Kenneth , also should be maiden name of Langton

Maddie

Maddie Report 15 Mar 2017 12:21

Inez P Curran

in the U.S. City Directories, 1822-1995

Name: Inez P Curran
Residence Year: 1953
Street address: 83 J
Residence Place: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Spouse: Robert D Curran
Publication Title: Salt Lake City, Utah, City Directory, 1953

she is a widow

Inez P Curran

Inez P Curran

Residence Year: 1956
Street address: 83 J
Residence Place: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Spouse: Robert Curran
Publication Title: Salt Lake City, Utah, City Directory, 1956

a widow

maybe ??? but says divorced

Inez Curran
Event Type Census
Event Date 1940
Event Place Ward 4, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City Precinct, Salt Lake, Utah, United States
Gender Female
Age 45
Marital Status Divorced
Race (Original) White
Race White
Relationship to Head of Household (Original) Head
Relationship to Head of Household Head
Birthplace Utah
Birth Year (Estimated) 1895
Last Place of Residence Same Place
Household

Role

Sex

Birthplace
Inez Curran Head F 45 Utah
Ken Curran Son M 18 Utah
Feramorz T Little Brother-in-law M 46 Utah
Irene A Little Sister F 45 Utah
Blanch I Martin Cousin F 50 New York
Citing this Record

John

John Report 15 Mar 2017 12:21

G lass spotted where you found that in 1940 Inez was divorced so perhaps they were not together at the 1930 census that's why he is not with Inez.states she was married on that one

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 15 Mar 2017 12:24

John, I just located Inez's birth record on Familysearch.

Born 15 Dec 1894. NO middle name but, she was the twin of Irene Langton

://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-6MHB-DM?mode=g&cc=1464677

John

John Report 15 Mar 2017 12:28

Looking at the 1953 and 1956 , states husband as being Robert D Curran, and a widow although on 1940 census divorced. They certainly do their recordings so differently than here in the UK, find ours so much easier

Maddie

Maddie Report 15 Mar 2017 12:31

Inez Curran
Event Type Census
Event Date 1930
Event Place Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah, United States
Gender Female
Age 34
Marital Status Married
Race White
Race (Original) White
Relationship to Head of Household Daughter
Relationship to Head of Household (Original) Daughter
Birth Year (Estimated) 1896
Birthplace Utah
Father's Birthplace New York
Mother's Birthplace Utah
Sheet Letter A
Sheet Number 10
Household

Role

Sex

Birthplace
Sussie A Langton Head F 58 New York
Blanche Martin Niece F 38 New York
Irene Little Daughter F 34 Utah
Inez Curran Daughter F 34 Utah
Feramorz Little Son-in-law F 35 Utah
Kenneth Curran Grandson M 8 Utah
Martha Hopkins Roomer F 57 Utah
Ida M Heiner Roomer F 62 Kansas

Maddie

Maddie Report 15 Mar 2017 12:45

could this be relevant

Miriam Curran
Gender Female
Burial Date 31 Jan 1945
Death Date 28 Jan 1945
Death Place Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah
Age 0
Birth Date 20 Jan 1945
Birthplace Salt Lake City, Utah
Race White
Marital Status Single
Father's Name Kenneth Curran
Father's Birthplace Salt Lake City, Utah
Mother's Name Marian Mcfarlane
Mother's Birthplace Salt Lake City, Utah

Name: Kenneth Curran
Birth Date: abt 1922
Marriage Date: 13 Mar 1943
Marriage Place: Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
Spouse: Marian Mcfarlane
Film Number: 001021164

John

John Report 15 Mar 2017 12:48

It all seems so confusing. Can I run this through you. Established that Robert D Curran married Inez P Langton in California 1920, then Inez Curran appears in Salt Lake City with son Kenneth b 1922 Salt Lake recordings from 1930 onwards living in Salt Lake. This son Kenneth Curran appears to also married in Califoria , there was a son to this marriage b 1949 but then a divorce. He married again for short period in time and lived in Illinious.there are 2 daughters to this marriage and another divorce. Looks like the family on a whole moved around the different States.

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 15 Mar 2017 12:55

There are numerous newspaper articles about the Langtons in Salt Lake City

Salt Lake Telegraph:
Sunday 25 Jul 1920

Langton-Curran

Mrs James Langton announces the the marriage of her daughter Inez, to Robert D Curran of Long Beach, California.
The wedding took place in Long Beach on 17 July and the couple will make their home in that city.

Also, a very long Obituary for father, James Langton who was killed in a road accident ion 20 Jul 1913.
He was the president of Langton Lime and Cement Company.
It also states that he was born in Milwaulkee in 1853 and arrived in Utah in 1889

It also states that in 1874, he was injured in "The Adobe Wall Battle"

Obit and other news articles are found via a sub that I have with another site.
They are difficult to copy and then view due to the length but I could try to crop them into bits and send them by PM

John

John Report 15 Mar 2017 13:00

Maddie , I had found that myself last night, now obviously this baby girl was from the 1st marriage of Kenneth Curran , there is also a son born 1949 and he lives in California but unsure if he was born in Salt Lake, must contact my friend in Holland for his name, it's her half brother.

John

John Report 15 Mar 2017 13:05

Wow thank you G lass for finding the above of marriage of Robert D Curran, and Inez P Langton also about the death of her father.

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 15 Mar 2017 13:11

I have to go now but, I will take a leaf from Dea's book and copy the articles that I can and put them onto keepsake.

It will be later though!