Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lookups offered on *Derbyshire 1841* Census. **ON

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jan 2005 21:01

see below for further details ...

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jan 2005 21:02

*Please don't message direct with requests * I NEED to know what district your rellies SHOULD be in ! I need Full name and ages etc of all known family members. The 1841 isn't Street indexed but it would be handy to have the street to verify findings. I am also offering other Lookups on the board, so please "bear with me" as these Derbyshire Lookups take longer than anything else, and I'm NOT here 24 hrs a day ! Hope I can help. This census is so clearly written, it is a pleasure to search. Elaine :-)

treacle

treacle Report 15 Jan 2005 21:06

Hi Elaine, On the census's 1871 1881, I have Edward Jones, born Codnor, and his Mother Hannah Barkley, born Codnor, but have not located their births. Edward was born about 1836, Hannah about 1811. If you can't find them........thanks for looking Anne

Pamela.

Pamela. Report 15 Jan 2005 21:12

can you please look up for me john woodhouse wife eliza son william ,Whittington Chesterfield Derbyshire thanks

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jan 2005 21:33

* Anne Threadgill* Sorry, your two aren't in Codnor OR Heanor on the 1841. Checked Heanor cos they are both less than a mile from me, and run into each other. Elaine :-)

treacle

treacle Report 15 Jan 2005 21:52

Thanks for looking Elaine, out of all my family tree, the ones in Derbyshire are giving me more grief than anything.....Where are they!!!!!!!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jan 2005 22:04

*** Anne*** Derbyshire is such a beautiful county, folks moved about a LOT, not wanting to miss any part of it !!! Although the industry has now brought may industrial sites, I think the beauty of the countryside must have been a thousand times better back in 1841 ... and its mostly nice enough now ! Elaine :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jan 2005 22:07

* Pamela Pass * I've checked all of Whittington .. and although there are a few Woodhouse families, the nearest I could find was on a VERY faint page and I think thats it only wishful thinking that I could POSSIBLE make William & Elizabeth look like John & Eliza. I wish I had better news. So sorry. Elaine :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jan 2005 22:07

I'm impatient....but only if you have the time! Brailsford (that is ALL it says on the cert, no addie) Charles Hulland approx 31 Ann Hulland approx 30 William Hulland approx 8 George Hulland approx 4 POSSIBLY Charles Hulland, not sure what part of 1841 he was born. Burton is Staffordshire for census, yes? Ta babe Lou x

Michael

Michael Report 15 Jan 2005 22:13

Hi Elaine My gt gt gt grandfather John Alton bn 1764 Alfreton married Abigail Walters bn 1772 Alfreton They married in Alfreton 1793 I wondered if there is any record of them on the 1841 census. Also Thomas Alton bn 15 March 1796 Alfreton married Rebecca Slater bn 1797 South Wingfield they married 1819 South Wingfield I wondered if there was any record of these two ancestors on the 1841 census I have been struggling with these for some time with very little return. any info would be much appreciated Elaine. Mike

Pamela.

Pamela. Report 15 Jan 2005 22:16

thanks for trying elaine its much appreciated

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 15 Jan 2005 22:23

Hi Elaine Thank you for your kind offer to do look ups. Could you please look for Joseph Higginbottom head born about 1791 Sarah Higginbottom wife born about 1796 William Higginbottom son born about 1817 Nancy Higginbottom dau born about 1821 James Higginbottom son born about 1822 Joseph Higginbottom son born about 1824 Hannah Higginbottom dau born about 1829 Sarah Higginbottom dau born about 1831 ADDRESS Shaw's Row Brampton Derbyshire. Thanks Sue

treacle

treacle Report 15 Jan 2005 22:26

Elaine, It's so nice to hear someone being so proud of where they live, so what that you coudn;t find my ancestors? I have been trying for years to find them!!!! Just enjoy living where you are..............and say hello to the Derbyshire Moors for me Anne...x

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jan 2005 22:28

Hi Lou, Yes, I believe Burton IS Staffordshire ... but will check the disc's as soon as I am able ..if its Derbyshire then I will let you know. No news means Staffordshire.! Elaine :-)

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 15 Jan 2005 22:29

Hi Elaine Could I be cheeky and ask for another look up please. John Bennett head collier Sorry don't know his wifes name Jemima Bennett dau born about 1822 Sorry I have no more info on this family ADDRESS Upper Moor St Brampton Derbyshire Thanks for all your help. Sue

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jan 2005 22:39

Hi Lou, Good news is ...I've found yours ... bad news is, you didn't mention William aged 2 !!!!!!!!!!! E.mail on its way with attachment ... just give me a few minutes ... I have that many windows open at the moment, PC is getting heated from overload !!!!!!! Elaine :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jan 2005 23:16

* Michael Alton * Hi Michael, Alfreton is a big place to search, so please bear with me, I will try and get to your Abigail & John Walters tomorrow. However, if you send me your e.mail addy, then I have found your Alton's in Sth Wingfield. I have saved image for you. Please remind me in message who you are looking for, as I get so many I won't know ! Thomas Alton 48 Rebecca Alton 40 Mary 15 Elizabeth 14 William 7 Elaine :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jan 2005 23:22

Cheers babe Will try and locate death for William and tie up that loose end! Lou

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jan 2005 23:24

Hi Elaine, In the vain hope that you can help me trace my illusive great grandfather, here goes!! John William Woodruff, born Glossop c 1833. Father (on marriage certificate) Edward Woodruff. I have no other details of his family before 1860 when he married in Ireland!! He was a soldier from 1856 and only gave 'Native of Glossop' on his Discharge Papers, so not much help there. If you can't find him, I quite understand, as it is a bit vague. Here's hoping. Margaret

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jan 2005 23:37

*Susan from W Yorks* Sorry...NO Higginbottom's in the Brampton area. John Bennett = 2: Page 546 of 645; John Bennett 35 Alice 30 Hannah 3 Amelia 3 Israil 2mths all b Derbyshire, living in Brampton Page 537 of 645; John Bennett 54 Sarah 57 John 20 Sarah 14 John Bennett 80 (same household) There are NO Jemima Bennett's in the Brampton area. If you think either of the above John Bennett's belong to you, please send me message with your e.mail addy and I will get the image and send it to you. Haven't saved them. Need Page info that I have provided with details as well. Elaine :-)