Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

India records...many Uk related names. THREAD ENDE

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gemma

Gemma Report 19 Oct 2004 10:19

Hi. While researching my own family in india, I came across 100's other names on the certificates which I have indexed. Just send me your Surname interest and I will see if there are any records. Ps, This has already helped many people find relatives they did not know were in India. Mainly because they were in the Army. CLOSED...SEE NEW LINK STARTED 26/06/05

Nan

Nan Report 19 Oct 2004 10:35

Hi, wonder if you have the name Rapley,have no first name,but was married to a gr.gr.aunt of mine, and was hurt on one of the campaigns. many thanks nan

Tracy

Tracy Report 19 Oct 2004 12:43

Hi Gemma, Do you have any of the following surnames listed please: BURGESS / GOODRIDGE / RANDALL / CAMERON Thanks very much for volunteering the information Kind Regards Tracey

Hilary

Hilary Report 19 Oct 2004 13:01

Hi Gemma, do you have Beckett or Francomb(e) names. thank you Hilary

Debs

Debs Report 19 Oct 2004 13:11

Hello Gemma Thanks for your kind offer. I wonder if you have Thomas Moss or his wife Agnes Emma Eames. They are my great reat grandparents. Thomas was in the army. He was a driver in the Royal artillery. They had several children: Thomas, Ernest, Agnes and Henrietta Mabel Moss (my great grandmother). Thanks for your time Debbie

Gemma

Gemma Report 19 Oct 2004 13:19

found - BURGESS, RANDALL?, sent message to Tracy. Sorry to nan allison, jacqueline and hillary.

Michelle

Michelle Report 19 Oct 2004 13:27

Hi, could you check for the name NEARY, I am after Richard John born India in 1860s, or his father Stephen. This is an ancestor I am having a lot of trouble finding any info on so any help much appreciated!

Gemma

Gemma Report 19 Oct 2004 13:29

Deborah Parslow - found moss in Will+ probate. sending you the info direct.

Gemma

Gemma Report 19 Oct 2004 13:40

sorry Michell - no NEARY records. I also checked on their first names, but nothing was listed. Sorry. Ps have you checked regimental birth indexes ? many are held at your local family records office.

Michelle

Michelle Report 19 Oct 2004 15:32

Thanks anyway Gemma - I really am having trouble with these 2 - don't think the father Stephen is army - on Richard's marriage cert from London 1891 it shows his occupation as "Gentleman"!! If anyone has any tips on tracing them, I would be extremely grateful.

Gemma

Gemma Report 19 Oct 2004 16:50

Linda regards FITZGERALD. found names on will+probate and Birth. Have sent you the details

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 19 Oct 2004 16:59

Any NEWMAN's??

Ann

Ann Report 19 Oct 2004 17:55

Thank you for your kind offer. Could you see if there is a William Henry Mitchell believe he was in the 29th or 36th regiment of foot (Worcestershires) and if his wife Amelia. 1880's time frame. Thank you and kindest regards ANN

Vera

Vera Report 19 Oct 2004 19:00

Hi Gemma, Have you any ZINCKES/ ZINKES/BIRDS/ YETTIS If you have will give you all the details I have. Thanks in advance Regards Vera

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 19 Oct 2004 19:17

Hello Gemma, have you come across anyone called Heseltine please? James Heseltine married someone called Anne and their son James was born in India in 1870. Thank you, Maggy

Selena in South East London

Selena in South East London Report 19 Oct 2004 19:30

Hi Gemma, my husbands family come from India, mostly Mysore and Bangalore. Names of interest are Rozario, Neunes, also surname Kent (originating in Ludlow, Shropshire) and Hayward (was in British Army, originated from Bath? 1920-35) Sorry to be so vague, any info much appreciated.

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Oct 2004 19:34

Hello, Could you please check for surname Fleetwood please.

Gemma

Gemma Report 19 Oct 2004 19:40

Sorry to the following people. Chloe ( NEWMAN) no records Marnie ( SWAN) no records Ann ( MITCHELL) no records. But good news for Maggy (HESELTINE) sent you the bapt. records , hope they are of some use. Ps. I have just had my dinner and settled the children down. Sorry to the people who have been waiting. Going to look them up now.XXX

MrsMooMoo

MrsMooMoo Report 19 Oct 2004 19:47

Hi Gemma It was rumoured in my family that my Gt Gt grandad Vickery who was in the army had a second family in India. Please would you check his surname against your list. Thank you.f

Ann

Ann Report 19 Oct 2004 20:04

Hi Gemma Thank you for taking the time to look much appreciated. Regards Ann