General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Imaginary friends

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jenxx

Jenxx Report 22 Jul 2008 19:54

Did you or your children have imaginary friends when the were small

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 22 Jul 2008 19:56

Jen....according to Hayley, I still have them! pmsl BC XX

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 22 Jul 2008 19:57

My eldest and youngest did..................we had to hold their hands when we crossed the road and leave an empty chair at the table and everything:))

They appeared when they were about 3 and went at around 4.

My eldest had a little boy and girl................our youngest had a Granny who lived in the downstairs cupboard and left to live in Spain.

Jax in Wales

Jax in Wales Report 22 Jul 2008 19:58

both my girls had imaginary friends 11 years apart but the strange thing was they were both called onko and lived under the telly

they used to make me dress him for bed and me like a fool did it lol

Jenxx

Jenxx Report 22 Jul 2008 19:58

pmsl Knew there would be one BF
Jenxx

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 22 Jul 2008 19:59

I know I did Jen,when I walked home from school. I always shared my sweeties with her lol..........she nearly always took the most ;O)

♥**♥Straykitten♥**♥

♥**♥Straykitten♥**♥ Report 22 Jul 2008 20:00

just after i moved in my house my two older girls had an imaginary dog called pongo

hubby used to think i was bonkers when i used to go on the front before bed and shout him in

mind so did the neighbours haha

but they couldnt have him out when they went to bed and as logn as it made them smile lol

Jenxx

Jenxx Report 22 Jul 2008 20:01

Daughter's imaginary friend was a worm took it every where with her
Jenxx

Kay????

Kay???? Report 22 Jul 2008 20:02

my g/d has one..Jenny ,Jenny does everything with her even to school,,,,,,,,,:!!

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 22 Jul 2008 20:06

My son had one - once we were walking through the crowded market place, me pushing the empty buggy while son walked alongside and I did the most dreadful thing!!

I put my shopping bag in the buggy - not realising that said imaginary friend was taking a turn in the buggy!!! Sons screams turned every head in the market lol.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Jul 2008 20:25

I had an imaginary friend when I was little - called her Panglina - parents had no idea where I got the name from but years later my Dad was putting some horse bets on and there was a horse running by the name of Panglina!!!!

Jenxx

Jenxx Report 22 Jul 2008 20:27

Hi Ann
Did he place a bet and did it win lol
Jenxx

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 22 Jul 2008 20:28

Did...I still have them...lol

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Jul 2008 20:29

just thought I'd Google Panglina for fun - got a Bruce Lee film and a load of restaurants in Kuala Lumpur!!!!!!

Don't remember if Dad placed a bet on Panglina

Jenxx

Jenxx Report 22 Jul 2008 20:29

Is she called buttercup Hayley lol
Jenxx

SallyF

SallyF Report 22 Jul 2008 20:30

I used to open the door to let 'my friend the wind' in when I was little! Does that count as an imaginary friend?

valium

valium Report 22 Jul 2008 20:39

Mine didnot but Mitch the youngest would talk about when she was a little boy that was kill when a lorry hit his horse, she talked abot this untill she was about five then just stoped.
Valxxx

Jane

Jane Report 22 Jul 2008 20:47

My imaginary friend was called Jesus!(gawd nows why) and I used to have picnics with Jesus on our back doorstep.
I have no Idea why it was Jesus , we weren't especially churchy.I did go to sunday school but think Jesus was my friend before that.

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 22 Jul 2008 20:52

helen that made me chuckle your friends name

daughter had one, ive talked of him before,
he was called humphrey, god knows where she got the name from,if i asked her, shed say he was given it by his parents im sure of that, shes 22 now, well in a week shell be 22,
she fondly remembers humphrey, he was mischeif,
and went everywhere with her

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 Jul 2008 20:53

Both mine did - and like Jax - they had the same name - Patrick.
Eldest had hers for a short while, didn't speak about him much.
The youngest told me her Patrick was an orphaned sweep boy who lived with his cruel grandfather. He died in a chimney accident (fell down it I think). He was very skinny and emaciated.
She blamed him for writing on the walls - and basically doing all the naughty things LOL
In the end I had to tell her that, as he was her friend, she shouldn't let him do naughty things as she was responsible for him, and if he carried on, he wouldn't be welcome as it was very rude to misbehave when you are a guest in someone elses house!!
Writing on the walls stopped!!!!

maggie