General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Members Avatar - Image - Photo

Page 2 + 1 of 8

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 9 Apr 2013 04:17

Changed it again.

<<<<< This is a "rainbow" hot air balloon, near Mt Warning in northern NSW

:-D

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 9 Apr 2013 06:12

Mine is my paternal grand mother

The one that makes me feel happy is Mersey's - the colour and magic. Susan's is mystical

The one that freaks me out is a wizen old man can't find it at the mo - seems he has not post for some time. Oh just found it Jonesey - wonder who the man is

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 9 Apr 2013 06:16

??????????????

Name: Frances Davis
Event Type: Census
Event Date: 31 Mar 1901
Relationship to Head of Household: Servant
Birthplace: Pembrokeshire
Schedule Type: Household
Registration District: Bramley
Sub-District: Wortley
Ecclesiastical Parish: Wortley De Leeds St John
Civil Parish: Wortley
District/Parish/County: Yorkshire (West Riding)

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 9 Apr 2013 06:35

Sorry AnnCardiff - Thks for trying - Just realised a typo error - nans DOB now corrected ;-) ;-) ;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Apr 2013 09:16

I often use flowers for my avatar because I love to see them, and always say what the photo is. I have also used my Grandparents.

I love Susan Wiv's avatar, beautiful mystical lady, and Mersey's is nice too Not many I don't like and usually they are the ones quickly changed. I don't like the wizened old man either.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 9 Apr 2013 09:32

I like the sheep with the hat on, Susan wivs and PH's the best.

And Huia's always make me smile. But perhaps that is because Huia always makes me smile. :-) :-) :-)

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 9 Apr 2013 10:30

Mine is a Silver Birch tree at Wimpole Hall in Cambridgeshire. A reminder of a lovely day out with a good friend and member on GR.

Viv :-)

Paula+

Paula+ Report 9 Apr 2013 12:10

@ LG I LOVE yours , all very hadsome young men ;-) ;-)

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 9 Apr 2013 12:26

I like to use my youngest daughter's artwork.
She drew my Avi when she was about 14 and still at school. I will defo not be using today's work as my Avi,... not at any time......... she is at Uni and it's life drawing class today!

GoldenGirl1

GoldenGirl1 Report 9 Apr 2013 12:34

Used to have as avatar a photo of Rory my Westie now
it's of my great grandchildren.
This one is Amelia who's first birthday is coming up soon,
where did that year go?

Emma :-)

Mersey

Mersey Report 9 Apr 2013 12:44

Awwww Fanks Nanna Sue, if I could give you a twirl I would :-) ;-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 9 Apr 2013 13:56

My oldest granddaughter around 7months old........

shes now 26

guitar is 53

GinN

GinN Report 9 Apr 2013 14:01

I must change mine soon. I haven't a clue how to - OH did mine for me, so I'll have to wait 'till he's not busy!

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 9 Apr 2013 15:20

Thought I would let my dear old George join the gallery, sorry to say he took his last trip to the vets a couple of weeks ago.
After a bit of searching we have found him a rose to mark his spot called "Our George"

Mayfield

GinN

GinN Report 9 Apr 2013 15:27

Oh, Mayfield, that is so sad yet so lovely. He looks a fine and characterful cat.

Huia

Huia Report 9 Apr 2013 21:42

John, do I always make you smile because I am funny-peculiar, or because I am funny-haha?

Paula+

Paula+ Report 9 Apr 2013 21:46

Mayfield I am sorry to hear about George.

Mersey

Mersey Report 9 Apr 2013 21:49

Mayfield that is so sad :-(, but what a lovely thing you have done in his name

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 10 Apr 2013 03:07

Huia. You make me smile because you are so nice and lovely. And your avatars lift my spirits - don't know why :-) :-)

Huia

Huia Report 10 Apr 2013 08:13

Thanks for that John. I dont know what you were doing out of bed at 3.07, but I was getting ready to come home from my stint in the Hospice Shop (4.07pm, or 16.07). I work there on Monday and Wednesday afternoons, for 3 and a half hours, although I usually get there early and start a little early too.

BTW, I wasnt really fishing for a compliment, I was just joking! I can be as peculiar as other people. Nowt so queer as folks, and all that sort of thing.