General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

THUNDER AND LIGHTING

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 23 Jul 2013 00:47

Anyone got thunder, it started here about 3/4 of an hour, had some heavy rain but did not last very long. Going to wait up a bit longer to see if the thunder passes before I go to bed :-( :-(

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 23 Jul 2013 02:00

I think it was a drum roll.........

announcing the birth of a Royal Prince

:-D

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 23 Jul 2013 02:29

You can see where it's going here:

http://www.raintoday.co.uk

Rose

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 23 Jul 2013 07:36

A bit of thunder & lightening here in East Sussex over night, but not a spot of rain.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Jul 2013 08:19

Torrentials with thunder &lightening here in Kent around 3am

Still wet on the ground but very warm now and the sun is trying to come out .

Hope it stays dry cos we have to go to the dentist for 11.30am

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 23 Jul 2013 08:27

Heavy rain with thunder and lighting in my part of Kent around 3am/4am this morning, overcast at moment but quite warm.

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 23 Jul 2013 08:35

Was really looking forward to a good storm, love watching them, what did we get in Sussex? A couple of flashes in the night and about a teaspoonfull of rain. Going to open the gate this morning. I popped into the garage for some oil for the gate latch and it had stopped when I came out! I blame the EU, never get a good honest British storm now, it's those darn health and safety regulations I think!

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Jul 2013 09:13

Yep it started here 3.30 ish l stayed awake until it finished, aprox l 1/2 hrs, the dog knocked the stair gate down and jumped on the bed puffin and pantin in a right old state bless him......its all misty but still muggy , sun trying to peep though and its damp under foot....and me washing is very wet....lol

jude :-)

Graham

Graham Report 23 Jul 2013 09:18

Still hot & sunny in the south west :-)

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 23 Jul 2013 09:21

Really love thunder & lightening - always have :-D

Carol 430181

Carol 430181 Report 23 Jul 2013 09:28

Yes same 3.30, then again on and off since 6. Now the sun is out and getting hot again.

Carol :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 23 Jul 2013 10:32

well I had trouble sleeping - my lovely cat had not come in so I was napping when I noticed small flashes of lightning - very humid, so got up around 4:00 am - about an hour later it started to spit with rain and then got heavier and in came pussums!!! quite heavy rain in short bursts - did freshen up the garden a tad, but nowhere near enough really

gardenpest29

gardenpest29 Report 23 Jul 2013 10:51

Nothing so far in Shanklin on the Isle of Wight.

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 23 Jul 2013 10:56

WE HAD A SHORT STORM EARLY YESTERDAY,,AND JUST NOW 10;53
LOUD CLAPS OF THUNDER

Maddie

Maddie Report 23 Jul 2013 11:43

Just chucked it down in West London, a little thunder.
Hope it stays dry at the Palace, they are changing the guard :-)

Linda

Linda Report 23 Jul 2013 11:48

Just heard some more thunder here in Northamptonshire but still very humid

Potty

Potty Report 23 Jul 2013 12:27

Had the mother and father of storms here, 8.30 am. Took 5 towels to dry dogs (well half dry - they are still damp). OH had to wring his clothes out. Satellite and freeview TV both off for a couple of hours. Temp in car 16c - it was 31c last week.

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 23 Jul 2013 12:40

Thunderbolt and lightning?

Very, very frightening me!

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 23 Jul 2013 12:52

London, Heavy downpour just now - claims that we will not see the new baby until it clears up - Kate won't want photos of her with wet hair beamed around the world...... :-|

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 23 Jul 2013 13:09

Yup here too.
Galileo.. Galileo... Galileo Figaro!

Was at work this morning during the storm, but I still wanted a Thunder Buddy.