General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birthday Girls Card Making Thread CLOSED

Page 0 + 1 of 24

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 1 Jan 2009 16:51

January 1st 2009 and a new thread

The thread is for our card making group to chat and exchange news and ideas.
If you are not a member please join in our chat anyway, and if you think you would like to become a member please let me know. The aim of the group is to have fun and enjoy crafting!
Joxx

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 1 Jan 2009 16:56

Afternoon everyone, hope you had a lovely evening yesterday. OH went to bed early and I saw the new year in by myself. Was making a card, so quite happy!!

Still very cold here again today, frost has not lifted all day again.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Jan 2009 17:10

Hi Jo
Had a very quiet New Year, just the two of us but we watched some reasonable TV, had a drink and watched the fireworks so was quite pleasant.

Been sorting out my office/craft room today to try and make more space. Seem to have got rid of lots of bits and pieces but created very little space!

Also reluctantly sorted some of the handmade cards out and only kept the ones from previous years that I want to keep as a model. Some I have got ready for recylcling, some I have recycled pieces off the cards. with so many being received there is a limit to the number I can store.

Well new year, new thread. Did you put a 'closed' post on the last thread Jo? I'm sure you will have remembered.

Happy card making for 2009 everyone.

Ann
Glos

Lancashire Witch

Lancashire Witch Report 1 Jan 2009 17:32

Would love to join. I have pm'd you, JoJo

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 1 Jan 2009 18:37

Hazel, have sent you an email.

Ann, yes did remember this time to put closed on it!! Hope everyone can find it, will have to keep nudging.

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 1 Jan 2009 22:31

Evening all, pleased to say we have a new member!!!

I will send out a new spread sheet tomorrow with the details.

Welcome Lancashire Witch to the group I am sure you will enjoy.

Lancashire Witch

Lancashire Witch Report 1 Jan 2009 22:37

Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward.

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 2 Jan 2009 10:22

Morning everyone, hope you are well, Sylvia sorry to hear that Johan is unwell again, sure things will improve for him soon.

I am going to send the new spread sheet out with the details for Hazel, with Margaret leaving and Hazel joining that still leaves us with 32 members.

It was so foggy here last night and freezing again, say it is going to be even worse tonight!

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 2 Jan 2009 12:02

Bright here in Glasgow -not too cold , been a walk wrapped up well, Ros xx

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 2 Jan 2009 14:10

Just had a mail from Jill, unfortunately she cannot get on this site at the moment since the changes, just locks up. Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 3 Jan 2009 22:09

Evening ladies, it is so cold here again today just cannot get warm.

Hope you all received your new spread sheets OK.

Sylvia, how is Johan, hope he is doing OK.

Off now to prepare vegetables as kids all coming for dinner again tomorrow, thought I cooked enough for them over Christmas!!

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 3 Jan 2009 22:36

We are going to my parents tomorrow ,there will be 16 of us, first time we`ve all been together this festive period

syljo

syljo Report 4 Jan 2009 00:38

Hi all,
At last I have managed to get on this thread. Just see what you can do when you try?
Now, first of all A HAPPY NEW YEAR to everybody. For us has not begun so well with Johan being taken back into hospital on New Year's Day. I don't expect him out for another week. Several family members have been phoning to see if they can come on my birthday, but I honestly cannot face a lot of visitors at the moment. I seem to be in such a mess with Xmas tree and decorations etc. still decorating the house and now I just want to get the flat clean and tidy again.
My dear granddaughter picked me up today when she had finished work at 5.00 pm and we went together to the hospital. Visiting hours are from 15.00 hours to 20.00 hours, but far too long for us. Johan and I have finished telling each other our news in 10 minutes!
I just bring home the dirty washing and deliver the clean the next day.
My flat is now 24 degrees. I have the central heating on constantly so cannot bear to think of what the cost will be when the next bill comes in, but I cannot bear the cold.
I must make some new cards again soon as my neighbour keeps buying batches from me. She comes for "a card" and goes home with 6 or 7.
Jill, hope you can join us soon. Miss you.
Sylvia xxx

syljo

syljo Report 4 Jan 2009 18:46

Hi all,
Well have been to see Johan in hospital again today but the weekends they don't do much there, just keep the patient ticking over until the doctors come back on Monday. I don't expect Johan to be out before the end of the week - just in time for my birthday!
Am not sure whether to tell friends and family not to come on my birthday or not. Don't want to appear unfriendly but on the other hand don't feel like coping with lots of people with Johan just out of hospital. Then there is all the shopping to get in on my scootmobile. Plenty of neighbours have offered to help but I won't accept help unless I really need it.
We have had rain this evening and the roads are now dangerously slippery as it is freezing again. There is talk of them holding a "11-stedentocht" (A tour of 11 towns on skates through the open waters of Friesland. ) They haven't been able to hold one of these events for many years as the weather has never been cold enough, but maybe this year the skaters will be lucky. My son in law has managed to do this trip twice.
I do hope Jill will find us soon.
Welcome Hazel to our nice cosy group.
Sylvia xxx

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 4 Jan 2009 23:23

It is freezing here too Sylvia, but probably not as cold as it is for you. Perhaps by Monday you will know exactly when Johan is coming out of hospital and then decide whether to go ahead with everyone visiting. If he has only just come out of hospital he might be pleased with some peace and quiet for a few days.
Jills problems seems to all stem from the updates on the sight, not sure what she can do to sort it out.

syljo

syljo Report 5 Jan 2009 20:05

Hi all,
I also had difficulty in getting back on the site, but got back a round about way by asking Google to search for 2009 and then Birthday Girls and then one thing led to another.
Johan phoned me this morning to say he had had a bad night, but this afternoon he was brighter and told me they were going to take the catheter out, so hope he will be home for the weekend.
It is freezing here 15 degrees and I hate it. I know it looks nice with the sun on the frosty trees etc. but give me the sun without the frost.
I had my help today and we've cleared the Xmas tree and decorations out of the room. At least the tree is now on the balcony.
I have had so many beautiful handmade cards for my birthday. I am afraid that I am well behind in replying to individual people and thanking them. Let me do it here for now - Thank you girls for the lovely cards you have sent for my birthday.
Sylvia xxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Jan 2009 21:14

Jo, do you know if Jill has e mailed GR to ask their advice. I wonder what browser she uses. maybe if she doesn't use it already she could try using Mozilla Firefox to open it with.

Ann
Glos

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 5 Jan 2009 21:23

We had lots of the white stuff here in the midlands, well in our village anyway. Garden was about 2-3 inches deep dog thought it was fantastic for rolling in.
My new years resolutions are to lose weight, learn a new card making technique properly and not leave things till the last minute I know it always gets done but should life always be such a rush.

Hubby has developed another cough and cold and it looks like they will not do his surgery on thursday as they think he could rip his stitches open.

Sylvia, sorry to hear that Johan had a bad night but lets keep fingers crossed that he can come home this week.

Hope you are all keeping well and received the new spread sheet OK.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Jan 2009 16:29

Looks as though we will be losing Jill from this thread if she can't get on GR. she says she is going to FTF. shame that only leaves a few of us on here now.

I am scrap booking this afternoon, seems to take ages to produce anything compared to making cards but I am enjoying it. More of a photo page really than a scrap book page as the purists know it. a record of our holiday in Puerto de La cruz last september.

Ann
Glos

Lancashire Witch

Lancashire Witch Report 6 Jan 2009 16:36

Mum deteriorating rapidly. Won't take nourishment. Won't tolerate drip. I feel so helpless.

Can't get in the mood for card-making but am up-to-date for January.
Love Hazel xx