General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Getting to threads

Page 0 + 1 of 7

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 8 Sep 2017 09:43

Anyone else having trouble getting on threads or are we all getting the Error page?

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 8 Sep 2017 09:50

Yes I am Mel it was like it yesterday too

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 8 Sep 2017 09:50

I've just this minute logged on. Took ages as I got the error page first then had to wait ages for the site to load. Same thing happened yesterday too.

Kath. x

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 8 Sep 2017 09:52

Yes happened to me yesterday too. I contacted Support and they told me to clear my cache as if it was my fault but we can't all have the same problem!

It must be them and I hope they are going to clear the problem soon as its the weekend tomorrow when lots of people post.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 8 Sep 2017 09:54

I cleared my cache last night and it did not make a jot of difference :-|

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 8 Sep 2017 09:56

Thats just what I mean LaGooner, its not us its them..............

Frustrating when its a horrid day and you want to help peeps and not do housework.

Its raining here and really miserable. Where are you lot and whats it like with you?

I'm in Devon.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Sep 2017 09:59

Yes this morning has been very frustrating.
Also getting the error message when posting or editing a reply

It had just taken ages and several attempts to get the switch over from find ancestors to general board

I am on my iPad so it can't be the same fault for all of us

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 8 Sep 2017 10:06

I'm in Teesside and it's not a bad morning here. Sunny though with some clouds and a bit cooler than of late. I think rain is forecast for later today.

Kath. x

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 8 Sep 2017 10:06

I'm in Bedfordshire Mel. it's raining one minute and bright the next, one of those can't make up it's mind days. Definitely a GR fault as you say let's hope it gets sorted soon.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Sep 2017 10:12

Same problem here, as it was yesterday. There's no improvement regardless of whether a PC or iPad is used.

All of us who have currently added to this thread have large numbers of posts against our name. Might that be a contributing factor?

Mersey

Mersey Report 8 Sep 2017 10:15

Same here also getting error message quite a lot too :-0

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Sep 2017 10:19

Same here I thought it was because I am in Tenerife. It needs everyone to contact support, perhaps they will believe it then and not send out the stock reply.

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Sep 2017 10:53

Yesterday and this morning. I've just sent a message to support.

Von

Von Report 8 Sep 2017 10:57

I seem to be getting some sort of delay.
Threads come up without emoticons and then it's like the page is refreshed and they appear :-S
Been like it for quite a while though ;-) ;-)

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 8 Sep 2017 10:58

Good idea Ann. I have done it so can you all report it please?

Stopped raining here at the moment but it is colder and not like September at all.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 8 Sep 2017 11:00

I have just done it too and requested them not to send me back a standard message and get it sorted. We shall see :-D

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 8 Sep 2017 11:00

Vron I had that this morning when LaGooner posted on here it took a little while for the frown to come up.

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 8 Sep 2017 11:00

Well done. :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 8 Sep 2017 11:19

no problems at all :-)

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 8 Sep 2017 11:39

Rollo well who's the lucky one then? Do you mean your not having problems getting on GR ?