Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anybody help me find these people

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter56

Peter56 Report 31 Jul 2013 07:50

Hi I'm searching for any relatives of my parents. I was adopted shortly after birth. My mother was called Rose Worthington (maiden name Pacitti) probably born around 1921. She had a son at the time of my birth in 1956, he was aged 9 and was called Victor Worthington so probably born around 1947. Rose had a sister called Josephine. Josephine was married and her married name was Dudley. She was probably born around 1923 as she was reported to be around 33yrs old at the time of my birth and living in wilesdean, London. My father was apparently a man named George Marshall. He was aged 45 at the time of my birth in 1956 so was probably born around 1911. He was the owner of a guest house, married but separated at the time. I was born in Middlesex in the Perivale Maternity Hospital on 22nd August 1956. Anybody who could help me or has any information, please do let me know. Many thanks

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 31 Jul 2013 07:52

Have you tried FreeBMD for the births of Rose and her sister.?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 31 Jul 2013 07:58

Do you have the right maiden name as not seeing any births with mmn Pacitti other than your own

Edit not seeing any other Worthington/Pacitti births

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Jul 2013 07:58

Buy this cert..............to find out the father's name

Marriages Dec 1943 (>99%)
Pacitti Josephine Dudley Uxbridge 3a 269
Dudley Alfred R Pacitti Uxbridge 3a 269

Now look for possible children..............

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

No births for the sisters on freebmd..............probably born outside the UK.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Jul 2013 08:02

Peter's birth is on freebmd......MMN Pacitti

Peter56

Peter56 Report 31 Jul 2013 08:03

Hi, thanks for your help. I'm not sure I understand your last message I really do not know how to do anything, am a beginner. Rose and Josephine were born in Italy though I believe but yes it' definitely the right name according to my adoption certificate :-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Jul 2013 08:03

Is this the older boy?

Births Sep 1946 (>99%)
Pacitti Vittorio M Pacitti

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Jul 2013 08:05

Josephine's marriage produced two sons.

...........you can find the details on freebmd.................

Go to the site as per URL above.........

Click on the red 'search' box.

Select Births

Put the surnames in the appropriate boxes...

Click on 'find'

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 31 Jul 2013 08:08

So all of a sudden I a m getting things come up! Maybe I was doing something wrong ?

Name: Rose Pacitti
Spouse Surname: Worthington
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1947
Registration District: Andover
Inferred County: Hampshire
Volume Number: 6b
Page Number: 202
Find Spouse: Alfred H Worthington

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Jul 2013 08:10

Based on her year of marriage, this MAY be Josephine.............the cert would include MMN and birthplace info

Death

Name: DUDLEY, Josephine
Registration district: Southend on Sea
County: Essex
Year of registration: 1983
Quarter of registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
Date of Birth:4 September 1922
Volume no: 9
Page no: 2615

Peter56

Peter56 Report 31 Jul 2013 08:19

I have no idea what freembd but will certainly look into this a.s.a.p. I really understand none of it. Thanks so much :)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 31 Jul 2013 08:34

.Maybe

Name: Josephine Dudley
Birth Date: 4 Sep 1922
Date of Registration: Dec 1983
Age at Death: 61
Registration District: Southend on Sea
Inferred County: Essex
Volume: 9
Page: 2615

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 31 Jul 2013 08:35

Hello Peter, FreeBMD is a website which has the index to Birth, Marriage and Death records from since civil registration began in 1837 up to the 1950s/60s (it's an ongoing project by volunteers so is continually being updated).

It's the main source that most of us use to find records and sites such as this one and Ancestry, for example, use their index as the basis of their records. FreeBMD is, as the name suggests, completely free to use.

The link was provided above but here it is again http://www.freebmd.org.uk/. Just click on it and then take the time to familiarise yourself with how it works. Use the red "Search" button to start looking for records. The red "Information" button tells you more about what the site has. There's a link "Coverage Charts" under Statistics that shows how complete the transcriptions are for particular periods.

Once you've found the records you're looking for you can order birth, marriage and death certificates from the General Register Office (GRO), here's the link
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/. Certificates cost £9.25 inc postage.

Happy hunting.

Peter56

Peter56 Report 31 Jul 2013 08:40

Wow that sounds great. I have an address for Josephine where she resided with her husband when I was born. How, once I have these records, will I be able to find current addresses?. Thanks so much for all your help. I will try to get my head around it all and hope I find some living relative as my adopted parents have now died and there was no family other than them and my children :)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 31 Jul 2013 08:40

Had to delete many postings re Josephine death as kept getting the error message so it multiple posted :-0

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 31 Jul 2013 08:42

Try looking for Josephine's sons as looks like she has passed away

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 31 Jul 2013 08:47

If that is the right death for Josephine then the informant on her death cert could be one of her sons with his address at the time

Peter56

Peter56 Report 31 Jul 2013 09:08

It's is so clever, has opened up a whole new way of finding things out! So I would need to request a copy of the death certificate, if that's the right person and on there would be an address for the informant am I right?. I'm hoping to find my brother victor :)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 31 Jul 2013 09:39

Yes you can order a copy of the death cert from

www.gro.gov .uk using the refs we posted don't forget to tick the box that asks if the GRO ref is known then use the ref where asked for.

we cant tell you if its the right lady though only the death cert will give her info .

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 31 Jul 2013 10:02

Peter your own birth is listed as Worthing 1956 MMN Pacitti. Have you a copy of your original birth cert - this would have an address on :-D

Edit: Sorry forgot to ask the question - if you were adopted was your name last name changed. That is why I asked if you have a copy of your original. Have a friend about your age who I was able to find his original which is completely different from the one he has used all his life