Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BIVRI look ups offered, 1881 census for scotland,

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kate

Kate Report 9 Mar 2006 18:14

willing to do look ups, have patience and give me as much information as possible please. Kate

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 9 Mar 2006 18:48

Hi Kate, Thanks so much for the offer!!! I wonder if you can check on two family's in Dundee Scotland in the 1881 census please. 1st John Carney and wife Mary (nee Kennedy) child Mary just born? 2nd John Ferguson and wife Elizabeth (nee Soloman) and son Thomas just born. IF THERE ARE ANY OTHER CHILDREN IN EITHER FAMILY COULD YOU LET ME KNOW!! SORRY KATE, WAITED UNTIL ALMOST 8PM, HAVE TO GO OUT NOW AS I AM BABY SITTING TONIGHT, WILL CHECK LATER ON. CAN I JUST THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Granny  Grumps

Granny Grumps Report 9 Mar 2006 19:26

Hi Kate, would please find out anything you can about James Wood who married Agnes Moor they had a son named Thomas born 1836 Mid Lothian Edinburgh he married Elisabeth Craig on 13/06/1862 at Stow cannot seem to find anything on them.Thanks Helen

fraserbooks

fraserbooks Report 9 Mar 2006 19:32

I am new to Scotish research. How does BIVRI work. I have William James Fraser born 1912 Elgin parents William James Fraser and Mary Ann McWilliam I have his birth certificate. Would you be able to find his siblings, My husband thought one was Hamish. I don't know how to get further back with so little information and no-one to ask.

Kate

Kate Report 9 Mar 2006 19:39

Mahaira, Lanarkshire coves Airdrie, motherwell new monklands and around that area. Kate

Margaret

Margaret Report 9 Mar 2006 19:41

HELLO I AM TRYING TO TRACE ANY OF MY GRANDFATHER AND GRANDMOTHERS FAMILY MY GRANDFATHERS NAME WAS ROBERT FINLAY AND MY GRANDMOTHER WAS HANNAH MCINTOSH THEY LIVED IN BIRCHFIELD DRIVE SCOTSTOUN THEY HAD SIX DAUGHTERS ELIZABETH HELEN HANNAH MURIEL MARGARET AND ANN, I WOULD BE MOST GRATEFUL IF YOU COULD HELP IN ANY WAY MARGARET, I KNOW THEY LIVED IN BIRCHFIELD DRIVE AROUND 1950.

Kate

Kate Report 9 Mar 2006 20:21

Mhairi Cunningham, sorry cant find your Cameron family. Kate Betty Boo from Dundee, sorry nothing for you Betty Kate

Kate

Kate Report 9 Mar 2006 20:22

Annie Rn, sorry cant do BVRI for you, doesnt cover after 1906. Kate

Kate

Kate Report 9 Mar 2006 20:23

Margaret Cord, sorry cant research anything as recent as 1950 Kate

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 9 Mar 2006 20:38

Kate, can I pester you for a mo? lol Could you please look for births on the BIVRI of Marion Johntson 1825-1826 in Scotland. Reputedly Midlothian, but I'm begining to doubt myself. Thanks for any help you can give.

Kate

Kate Report 9 Mar 2006 21:16

Helen Pickering. I couldnt find anything on your wood family in 1861 census, but i did find the son Thomas Wood and his family in the 1881 census. Thomas Wood 46 born Parkhead Barony, lanarkshire Agnes wife 45 born in Belfast Ireland Thomas, son, 21 born in Glasgow Henry M. son 16 born Glasgow David son, 14 born Glasgow John, son 12 born Glasgow Ralph P. son 7 born Glasgow Daniel son, 3 born Glasgow Margaret R.P. daughter 2 born Glasgow. hope this helps Kate

Kate

Kate Report 9 Mar 2006 21:27

Orange Blossom Tracey. I found two births. Marion Johnstone born july 1st 1825 in St Cuthberts, midlothian, Father, John Johnstone, mother Marion McBeath. Marion Johnson born apr 9th 1826, south leith, midlothian, father robert johnson and mother Elizabeth Muir. Hope this is of some help. Kate

Kate

Kate Report 9 Mar 2006 21:34

Isobel McEwan, sorry only the fathers name of richard hogg is given. Kate

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 9 Mar 2006 21:52

Many thanks Kate :) I'll see if I can find one of those now lol

Debbie

Debbie Report 9 Mar 2006 22:37

Thanks for your kind ofer. Would you please look on the 1861 census Larkhall, Lanarks for Daniel Munro, born 1847 in Ayr, Ayrshire. So that would make him about 13/14. Sorry but I do not know his aprents name, hoping they wll be on the census. Thanks Debbie

Margaret k

Margaret k Report 10 Mar 2006 20:33

Hello Kate is it possible to find the marriage of James Marshall to Jean Black (could be Kilmarnock) as daughter Kathine was ch there in 1770) does it give any details please thank you Margaret K

TeresainWirral

TeresainWirral Report 10 Mar 2006 20:57

Hi please could you look on the 1861 census for Lanarkshire for these families William CUNNINGHAM born Lanark c1820 Barbara CUNNINGHAM born c1815 Ayrshire children Helen 1855 Lanark Andrew 1859 Lanark (that I know of) John Neil born c1846 (father William and mother Elizabeth) John McDonald born c1837 (father John mother Helen) I know the last two are in Lanarkshire later but at least one is definately dead by the next census. Thank you Teresa

Kate

Kate Report 10 Mar 2006 22:28

ISOBEL MCEWAN, the Rogers childrens births are on Scotlands People site, I didnt have enough credits to view. but the were all born in Hamilton. Kate

Kate

Kate Report 10 Mar 2006 22:30

PATRICIA LEWIS, I checked the 1861 census and found nothing., I found the family on the 1881 census living at 14 Scott Street in Glasgow. Murdoch couldnt have been at home. all born in glasgow. Kate

Kate

Kate Report 10 Mar 2006 22:34

HILARY SHIRREFF. in the 1881 census, they were living in the Farmhouse Olrig Caithness. Catherine Cal? 71 widow, born bower caithness Mary Simpson unmarried 37 born bower caithness Hellen Swanson 14 born Olrig Mary Swanson 8 born Olrig. I couldnt find a record of their births. Kate