Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry lookups offered 1871/81/91/1901 +Oxfordsh

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 26 Feb 2005 10:15

As much info as you have from other sources please. Mary

Mary

Mary Report 26 Feb 2005 10:53

Nicky Sorry I cannot find your man on the 1901 census for England and Wales 1901 is not yet on Ancestry. Mary

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Feb 2005 11:05

Mary Thank you for the help you have given me in the past. I hope you can help me again. I would like some lookups in 1891 for the Welsh relatives of my husband: 1) AMELIA WILLIAMS (down as Emelia in 1881) who in 1891 should be 15ish. She was born MAESTEG, Glamorgan and I think she might be living away from home by then, but if still at home her parents are Thomas and Jennet (Janet) Williams. She stayed in the Maesteg area all her life. 2) JOHN THOMAS He would be about 18 in 1891. Born in PENCLAWDD, Glamorgan. He will be somewhere in Penclawdd or Maesteg I hope and probably working as a coal miner. Many thanks in advance - if there are just too many people with these names, please don't trouble. nell B

Julie

Julie Report 26 Feb 2005 11:07

Thanks very much for the offer, could you please look up Emily bartlett & Frederick maurice Tugwell in the 1881 census. I have date of birth of 16/3/1872 for Emily and 3/9/1866 for Fred but would like any details on their parents. Thanks very much. Julie

Jan.jan

Jan.jan Report 26 Feb 2005 11:10

If you get time, would you kindly look up the following on the 1841 and 1851 Census for Oxford. John Gray born Feb 1826.Binsey Oxford. James Gray born May 1930-Binsey. Frederick Gray born 1835 Holywell Oxford. Thomas Joseph Gray born Aug 1837 Binsey. Thanks

Mary

Mary Report 26 Feb 2005 14:21

Hi Anna 1891 census living at 258 High Holborn,St Giles in the fields,Holborn Peter Earle 53 Head Decorator b Chippenham Kate Earle 50 Wife Housekeeper b Bath Regards Mary

Mary

Mary Report 26 Feb 2005 15:00

Hi Little Nell I have found Amelia at home with parents and I think I have found John Thomas also at home . If you message me your emailaddy I will send the images to you. Regards Mary

Mary

Mary Report 26 Feb 2005 15:02

Julie I need places of birth or possible places of residence for Emily and Frederick in order to find the correct entries. A search for Emily gives over 3,000 hits!!!!!. Regards Mary

Mary

Mary Report 26 Feb 2005 15:05

Hi Jan Not good news,sorry The pages for Binsey in the 1841 census are totally illegible,and I could not find Frederick in Holywell. Regards Mary

Christine in Yorkshire

Christine in Yorkshire Report 26 Feb 2005 16:16

Thanks for the offer Mary. You have kindly helped me in the past. I am looking for Thomas Ward in 1871, aged about 13 I have him on 1881 census aged 23 says he was born in Hull but guess that's a transcription error as all earlier refs have his birthplace as Leicester. I'm afraid I don't know his parents names as I keep hitting a brick wall trying to find him earlier than 1881. Sorry it's such a long post. If it's an impossible task, please don't worry. thank you Christine :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Feb 2005 17:21

Mary thank you very much. I have sent my e-mail to you. nell

Mary

Mary Report 26 Feb 2005 21:41

Christine What other,earlier references do you have for Thomas Ward? Do you have his birth cert?or a GRO reference for his birth? It is going to be very difficult to find him as Ward is a common name.I know from personal experience as my Grandparents were Wards and it is not an easy name to be researching. How do you know you have the right person on the 1881 census? Did he marry if so at least his Father's name should be on the Marriage Cert. If you can find any more scraps of info let me know and I will try to find him. Otherwise pretty difficult. Cheers Mary

Christine in Yorkshire

Christine in Yorkshire Report 26 Feb 2005 22:04

Hello Mary, I'm really sorry if I've wasted your time. I know I have the right person on 1881 because two of his children are with him and the ages/names etc. tie back to 1891 & 1901 inc my grandmother, so I know it's him. I only know his wife's first name, so am still trying to find out when they married to be able to send for a certificate. Haven't been able to track down a GRO ref for his birth yet, went to the local library but the records aren't very legible and also without knowing which quarter, I won't know when I've found him! (Did I once say I found this fun??!!) I agree with you, finding Wards is very difficult. Thank you for your time, if I can find any further scraps I will get in touch again. Thanks. Christine

Mary

Mary Report 27 Feb 2005 00:00

Hi Christine No need to apologise at least you replied to the posting which is more than some folks do when they have asked for a lookup. I will be more than happy to help you,should you unravel any more of the mysterious disappearance of young Mr Ward. Actually I think I may have a spare Thomas in my lot probably about the right age,will he do???? Regards Mary

Christine in Yorkshire

Christine in Yorkshire Report 27 Feb 2005 00:08

Hi Mary, Your reply really made me laugh! At this stage I'm almost prepared to take anyone's Thomas!! but I guess I'd better stick to looking for my one for the sake of authenticity! Thanks again. Christine:) PS I've just found a marriage between a Thomas Ward and Ellen Brand in Sculcoates, Hull ref SRO/22/182 in 1878 this may be a lead! as the dates would be about right, though I'm not sure how I'd know it was him without his birth cert. ooh this get's complicated sometimes!!!!

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 27 Feb 2005 10:49

Hello, Constance. Thank you for your offer. Would you be able to look up Louisa M Berry - Oxford 1891 Census. Possibly around 17 y.old and living with her mother Mary, and a brother possibly called Fred. Sorry I don't have more info. and if it is impossible because I don't have an address, then thank you anyway for your time. Susan

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 27 Feb 2005 10:51

I'm sorry, I called you Constance. Thank you MARY. Susan

Benjamin

Benjamin Report 27 Feb 2005 11:07

Hi Mary I wonder if you have a Thirza Snell on your 1861 Oxfordshire census, aged 6 give or take a year born in Marsh Baldon, Oxfordshire please, as for the life of me I cannot locate her on 1871 census. Ben

Mary

Mary Report 27 Feb 2005 14:47

Benjanin Sorry but Marsh Baldon is not included in the Oxon 1861 census. I believe it will be in the 1861 Berkshire census as at that time it was in Berkshire. Mary

Mary

Mary Report 27 Feb 2005 14:54

Hi Susan I have not been able to find Louisa M Berry on the 1891 census,because the images are not available for the St Ebbes area at the moment.However I have found the image for the 1881 census which if you do not already have it I can send you,if you message me with your email addy. Regards Mary