Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry Lookups offered + Oxfordshire 1841/51/61

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 19 Jan 2005 10:34

Please give as much detail as possible Mary

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Jan 2005 10:51

Mary Without meaning to take over your thread, the mail just came! This stuff is fantastic, thank you so much! Lou

Mary

Mary Report 19 Jan 2005 13:46

Hi Carrie Brill is included in the Oxfordshire census for 1851.I have done a search and could not find them.I could not find them in 1871 either. I will try 1861 later today and get back to you. Mary

Mary

Mary Report 19 Jan 2005 18:09

Hi Carrie I have "eyeballed" the 1861 census for Brill twice and can find no trace of any of your King family. You say in your request that they wrote letters,what was the address on the letters that they wrote I may be able to pinpoint them from that? Have you found them on any later censuses if so where are they living? Sorry not to able to give you anything positive Mary

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 19 Jan 2005 23:01

hi mary could you see if you can find william probets in 1841 aged 21 in brill for me please if possible in 1851 and 1861 aswell susie

Mary

Mary Report 20 Jan 2005 00:10

Hi Susie Sorry a case of Sod's Law,Brill is not on Oxon 1841 although it is included in all the others I have. Will look for you tomorrow in 1851/61 Regards Mary

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 20 Jan 2005 08:39

Hi Mary, Im sure it was yourself that said that Wootton wasnt on the 1861 oxfordshire census for some reason, is that right? Desperate to know what happend to my Alfred Johnson in that year, he should have been with parents William and Mary in Wootton that year. If it doesnt exist, would you know how to get info on Alfred it all, if there is away that is. Thanks in advance, Claire

Mary

Mary Report 20 Jan 2005 10:48

Hello Claire The reason Wootton is not on the Oxon 1861 census is because the enumerators books for the Woodstock registration area have been lost and there is no info available for 1861.Unfortunately Wootton was in the Woodstock area. Regards Mary

Mary

Mary Report 20 Jan 2005 11:11

Hi Susie 1851 Living at Pole Trees farm,Brill William Probets Head 30 Farmer 122acres employing 3 Labourers b Brill Sarah Probets 33 Wife b Marsh Gibbon William Probets 2 Son b Brill John Probets 6mths Son b Brill Elizabeth Busby 18 House servant b Arncott John Wyatt 18 Farm Servant b Ludgershall Got to take the dog out will look at 1861 when I return Regards Mary

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 20 Jan 2005 11:55

hi mary thankyou so much. thats another bit of info for hubbys tree,lol. i have searched bucks 1851 for them but hey ho,that was a waste of time lol. once again thankyou for your help,youve been brilliant susie

Mary

Mary Report 20 Jan 2005 15:24

Hi Susie Back from Dog walking and here is the result of the 1861 search: Living at Pole Trees Farm,Brill William Probets 40 Head Farmer 120acres employing 2 labourers 2 boys b Pole Trees Farm Sarah Probets 43 Wife b Marsh Gibbon William Probets 12 Son b Pole Trees Farm Walter Probets 10 Son b Pole Trees Farm John Briscoe 20 Servant b Brill Eliza Lappard 16 Servant b Wendlebury,Oxon Wonder what happened to John?? Regards Mary

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 20 Jan 2005 15:27

mary lol!! i wonder lol there was also a daughter ann born 1852. perhaps they both died:( thankyou so much william aged 12 is hubbys gt gt grandad. susie

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 20 Jan 2005 15:34

mary ive just had a thought,which isnt very often lol perhaps john is now walter! they would have been the same age. susie

Mary

Mary Report 23 Jan 2005 23:47

Hello Denise I knew I would hear from you again!!! Try these: 1871 Living at High Road,Halmer End,Audley,Staffs Samuel Bateman Head 50 Coal Miner b Wybunbury,Cheshire Mary Bateman Wife 49 b Wybunbury Samuel Bateman Son 14 Horse Driver in coal pit b Audley Edmond Bateman Son 9 Scholar b Audley 1881 Living in Halmer End,Staffs Samuel Bateman 61 Head Coal miner b Halmer End ???? Mary Bateman 60 Wife b Halmer End ??? Samuel Bateman 24 Son Coal Miner b Halmer End Edmond Bateman 19 Son Carter b Halmer End 1891 Living in Nantwich Road,Audley,Staffs Samuel Bateman Head 34 Coal Miner b Audley Ruth Bateman Wife 31 b Kerry,Wales Montgomery Henry Bateman Son 5 Scholar b Audley Samuel Bateman Son 5 Scholar b Audley Enos Bateman Son 3 b Audley Mary Bateman Daur 9mths b Audley That should give you something to work on!!! All good wishes Mary

Mary

Mary Report 24 Jan 2005 23:37

Hi Sheila Very sorry but Yorkshire is not yet on Ancestry so unable to look for your rellies. Mary

Mary

Mary Report 24 Jan 2005 23:40

Hi Kathryn Yes there are Bowmans in Copt Hewick on the 1871 census and I think I may have found James Robert Jones. if you Message me direct your email addy I can send you the images. Regards Mary

Mary

Mary Report 24 Jan 2005 23:42

Hi Penny I will look at the 1851 census for Handborough tomorrow as it is not indexed and it is toooooo late to start eyeballing censuses. Regards Mary

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Jan 2005 07:30

Hello Does this include Perthshire in Scotland? Cheers Jeanette

Mary

Mary Report 25 Jan 2005 10:49

Jeanette Sorry no census info for Scotland on Ancestry. Mary

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 25 Jan 2005 11:51

Hi Constance Could you please have a look on the 1871 census for Jane White aged 9 born Chertsey Surrey. Would like to know perants and siblings. Thanks Malcolm