General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

OMG.. do foxes scream ?

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 17 Jun 2008 00:07

Our house backs on too woods and I know there is foxes in it, have just heard screaming and I mean high pitched screaming...at first thought it was a female till I got in the garden and its not human....what a racket...sounds like its being murdered...

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 17 Jun 2008 00:08

hope it isnt caught in a trap !

*Ophelia.taking a break..*

*Ophelia.taking a break..* Report 17 Jun 2008 00:08

~~~yes Hayley..they do..kinda cross between a baby and a cat..really eery....not the most pleasant of sounds after midnight..lol

tory

tory Report 17 Jun 2008 00:09

Its a fox Hayley ................

*Ophelia.taking a break..* Report 17 Jun 2008 00:10

~~~~Watch out Eldricks not around.. ; )

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 17 Jun 2008 00:11

Stella there will be no traps sets round here....its have hughed area then a golf course bakcs on to it...and then you have a meadow with a waterfall...lovely place..

Why is it screaming ? Do they scream if they are mating,...

tory

tory Report 17 Jun 2008 00:11

Best thing for them is ...................:-))

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 17 Jun 2008 00:13

Its deffo an animal and cant think of any that would be round here ....the first time I saw it was through a bedroom window and I thought wow look at the size of that cat..lol

*Ophelia.taking a break..* Report 17 Jun 2008 00:14

.....I used to live in city...and early hours foxes used to hunt around for food..rubbish left out..
Was a disturbing sound...I spose its not a lot different from cats meowwing..dogs barking..just communication...to other foxes..thats my interpretation anyways

OH

OH Report 17 Jun 2008 00:15

Have only seen on documentary, they do have a high pitch howl.

tory

tory Report 17 Jun 2008 00:15

If its a sound your not used to it can be un-nerving and many people think its a woman screaming ....

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 17 Jun 2008 00:15

pleased there are no traps Hayley, hope it's ok anyway !

tory

tory Report 17 Jun 2008 00:17

Theres nothing wrong with it ..........they just call

*Ophelia.taking a break..* Report 17 Jun 2008 00:20

~~~just looked on you tube..if its high pitched screaming..its a vixen..a male is more like a bark..

probably protecting cubs..as its cub season

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 17 Jun 2008 00:22

Jeazzz its off again...nosey thing....I ant listening to that all night......if I cant sleep I will go and shoot..it

If its mating ...sounds like its having a ruddy good time...lol

tory

tory Report 17 Jun 2008 00:24

Its not mating Hayley and you know my views on them so please do shoot it

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 17 Jun 2008 00:29

Tory ..like I have a gun...lol

I agree sounds like its a vixen protecting her cubs...I throw food oer the fence for them...last year the cubs sneaked and she dragged them back..lol

tory

tory Report 17 Jun 2008 00:32

OMG Hayley fancy feeding them lol .........

*Ophelia.taking a break..* Report 17 Jun 2008 00:33

well..Ive just created an experiment..I have just looked up "cats meowing"..on youtube...!
My cat on armchair eyes like saucers..looking around..wondering where sound is from..she not amused but funny to watch!

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 17 Jun 2008 00:37

so I shouldnt of thrown the raw meet over for it....I can point you to where it is but loads of trees and bushes so you cant see.....sounds like its yelping now at the fence...