General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New Law is Hitting Psychic Stage Shows

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eldrick

Eldrick Report 28 Jun 2008 09:59

All the celebrity psychics have had to finally admit that their stage shows are for entertainment and/or experimental purposes only.

This is the result of a new law recently passed to protect consumers from being charged for services under false pretences.

Even the famous Mr Fry now carries a disclaimer on his website, saying he is only entertaining.

And about time too, I say!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Jun 2008 10:00

and so say all of us - or I do anyway!!!!

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 28 Jun 2008 10:01

All I can say is ......the dole que is about to grow...

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 28 Jun 2008 10:03

Is this a premonition Hayley? lol

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Jun 2008 10:03

but then they would already know that wouldn't they? and they should also have been aware of the new law coming out

Julie

Julie Report 28 Jun 2008 10:04

Only right they should own up too.....then it's up to the viewer whether or not they believe what they're seeing/hearing is anything other than that!

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 28 Jun 2008 10:05

I think so Lesley...been feeling funny all morning....

Jax in Wales

Jax in Wales Report 28 Jun 2008 10:06

I have to ask but what is the crack on here lately with all this ghostie, paranormal and psychic stuff?

Have i missed something??

Eldrick

Eldrick Report 28 Jun 2008 10:09

I dont think you've missed anything Jax - I just like to put the case for the opposition every now and then, just to balance things out, you understand :-)

Jax in Wales

Jax in Wales Report 28 Jun 2008 10:13

Ahhhh ok just seemed everytime I venture on here theres something about it, thought there was an epidemic of spooks going round or summat ;o)

Carole

Carole Report 28 Jun 2008 10:21

As some of you know I went to See Colin Fry about a month ago. During his opening spiel he did make a statement about the new law and that he had to say his show was for entertainment only. He was very miffed about it!! I have always gone to see such shows for entertainment, with the hope of seeing the mouth dropping news given to people that only they could have known. But Colin Fry failed to deliver. I didn't think the show was very good. Obviously on TV they have the luxury of editing all the bit's that look good!

₪ TeresaW elite empress of deleted threads&#

₪ TeresaW elite empress of deleted threads&# Report 28 Jun 2008 10:26

Well good morning, I just knew you would be here...

I think Eldrick ought to carry the same disclaimer myself....

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 28 Jun 2008 10:30

As well as the health warning ! *sniggers **

Whirley

Whirley Report 28 Jun 2008 10:30

The shows on TV, ie Jonathan Edwards/Colin Fry etc when they start, the voice over person says "dah dah dah for entertainment purposes only" and they have done that for quite sometime.

Surely Colin must have seen these new laws coming?

₪ TeresaW elite empress of deleted threads&# Report 28 Jun 2008 10:34

LIke on the fag packets? Eldrick Kills! oooeeerrr lol

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 28 Jun 2008 10:34

DON'T DRINK HIS BATH WATER.....

₪ TeresaW elite empress of deleted threads&# Report 28 Jun 2008 10:36

Hazardous Waste, written on his sock drawer...

Eldrick

Eldrick Report 28 Jun 2008 10:36

how did you know it was my bath weekend?

Mid summer and xmas - i suppose you could have guessed.....

Surf

Surf Report 28 Jun 2008 10:38

morning all

does that mean i will now have to sell all
the most haunted dvd`s on ebay now

as i cannot get the word entertainment on cover

:O(

edit more bad spelling from me

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Jun 2008 10:38

I must say though on the odd occasion I have looked in on John Edward - and it has always stated "for entertainment" or something like that, I have seen him do some quite amazing things in that he can pick on a most unlikely object with regard to a member of the audience and sometimes they even have it with them!!!