General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New great granddaughter.big decision.

Page 0 + 1 of 18

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 7 Sep 2013 12:19

New update..4th Dec
Things have been up and down since the last time I posted and the wait for news and prognosis kept being put off...but had meeting Fri with doctors.....

Why do we have these complications??

Last Saturday had a grandson born 2 weeks late.He is back in hospital as he is not feeding.Trying to breast feed and he just isn't taking it.
last Thurs Another grandsons partner was taken in as her baby ,a girl wasn't growing ..trying to induce her ,then when they were ready to do a c section baby decides to arrive,but,covered in Meconium. It's in her lungs and she may be transferred to a hospital miles away.Waiting for more news.
She arrived at 7.55 this morning and we don't know what weight,but she is small,and they only saw her when she was born ...in scu now!

JustJean

JustJean Report 7 Sep 2013 12:59

Sending lots of prayers and love to your family and yourself, it is a worrying time for all of you, I will hold you all, especially the little ones, close in my heart and prayers...

love Jean xx

kandj

kandj Report 7 Sep 2013 13:23

Worries and concerns hardly ever come singly (imho), but I hope and pray that all will be well soon for the new babies so that everyone can relax and enjoy lots of cuddles.

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 7 Sep 2013 13:37

Hope all goes well for both of them xx

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 7 Sep 2013 13:38

Oh Brenda, I really hope all is well and the babies recover quickly.

Sue x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Sep 2013 13:51

Thinking of you and your family Brenda and wishing both babies well, a very worrying time for you.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 7 Sep 2013 14:08

Thinking of you and your family as you worry about these little ones. Hopes and prayers that all will be well and they come home soon.

Gwyn

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 7 Sep 2013 17:41

Well,the news is that the girl...Katie...I think, is not going to be transferred at the moment.she is on antibiotics in scu.Xray showed that she has something on her left lung but seems to be responding to the treatment.
She is about 41/2 pounds...less than half the weight of the other one,but we are relieved she is fighting .

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 7 Sep 2013 18:12

Although quite tiny, she's not a bad weight for being born early.

I know a set of twins who were, I think, 3lbs 2ozs and 3lbs 5ozs when they were born very early, - now fine young men in their 20s.

I hope little Katie responds well to her treatment and your little grandson establishs a good feeding routine.

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 7 Sep 2013 18:50

Wishing both little ones well. Such a worry when they are so tiny

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Sep 2013 00:29

Hope all is going well with the little ones. <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 8 Sep 2013 07:46

Oh Brenda, I am sorry the new babies are not doing so well but hope things will work out fine soon for little fella not feeding and that Katie (the name my mum wanted me to call my baby if a girl) will fight back to good health and soon make up the extra weight.

I watch those programmes with Special Babies and other progs, and my heart's in my mouth when there are problems with the births or afterwards. Heaven knows how I will be when/if I am lucky enough to be a grandma in waiting sometime.

Try not to worry too much, the hospitals do marvellous things for little ones now

Lizxx

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 8 Sep 2013 19:29

Just seen a picture of the big boy..almost 10lb born...and he seems to be OK now thank goodness .
Girl born yesterday didnt have too good a night ,but has improved today....picture of her on FB all wired up with oxygen mask etc...poor little thing,but she is in good hands.
It's not long since other great granddaughter was in same hospital with meningitis....but she is thriving now.
We never stop worrying about our families do we?

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 8 Sep 2013 21:07

Everything crossed here, no we never stop worrying, it's our mission in life.

Hope next time you update it's with news of an improvement for the little one.

Sue x

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 8 Sep 2013 21:09

dont worry Brenda the little ones will be fine in time.

my son was born covered in maconium and he also aspirated , he was in scbu for two wks and the only problem he had was runny and infected eyes for a few yrs,

hes now 24 and a strapping 6ft 2 with a son of his own :-D

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 8 Sep 2013 21:21

hope littones, or not so little 10lb! :-0 are doing ok <3

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 8 Sep 2013 21:56

My 14 yr old grandson living now in Oz,born in ysbyty Gwynedd Bangor was also covered in meconium and aspirated and in scbu for over a week.and though he supposedly has mild Aspergers is very healthy.

had another pic of Katie in incubator...daughter,just back from hospital has sent.
When she stroked Katie's leg her sats went up to 100.

They haven't even held her yet and her little brother,not even 2 yet is full of a cold and missing his mummy...and his daddy,so daughter..gran... is 3rd best.
His daddy,my grandson was an identical twin and his brother died of a cot death at 4 months,so they haven't had it easy.

kandj

kandj Report 8 Sep 2013 22:12

I hope both babies make good progress each day, so your family can relax a little before too long.

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 8 Sep 2013 23:21

Dear Brenda

Hello

Hope the littles ones will soon be better.

In the meantime, hope the new mums are trying to rest.

Take very gentle care
Lots of sincere wishes to you and your family
Elizabeth, EOS
xx

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 8 Sep 2013 23:22

Dear Brenda

Hello

Hope the littles ones will soon be better. <3

In the meantime, hope the new mums are trying to rest.

Take very gentle care
Lots of sincere wishes to you and your family
Elizabeth, EOS
xx

<3