Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851 Yorkshire - Can I Help You? CLOSED

Page 0 + 1 of 7

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 13 Sep 2005 08:36

Hi all. If you want a look up at all on this census, let me know the details. No name index so need streets for large towns/cities. I work shifts but if you would like to leave the details, I will answer as quick as i can. Claire x

Angie

Angie Report 13 Sep 2005 08:52

Hi Ickle Could you find this guy. John Dixon b Abt 1779 born Notts maybe Farmsfield unsure of Farmsfeild. Occupation Bricklayer On the 1861 census he is a patient in Charterhuose Hospital District of Sculcoates Hull or Hessle Angie

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 13 Sep 2005 09:24

Hi Angie, Not much luck i am afraid, gone through Hessle and he is not there. Tried the Hospital which comes under Sculcoates and he isnt there. The whole of Sculcoates and Hull are far too large for me to search without addresses. Claire x

Angie

Angie Report 13 Sep 2005 09:45

Thanks for trying.I will see if I can get the address.I know where the hospital was in hull just can't remember the street name.If i'm right Charter house is now would you believe the archives for Hull I might get back later. but thanks anyway,much appreciated. Angie

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 13 Sep 2005 10:52

Hi Sue, New Bridge, Swinton John Simpson - Head - age 37 - Ship ? - born Masborough Sarah Simpson - Wife - age 36 - born Conisborough Eliza Simpson - Daur - age 10 - born Swinton. Have emailed you the image. Regards Claire x

Claire

Claire Report 13 Sep 2005 11:32

hi can you please look to see if there are any brine familys in there. my brine's moved there just after and i would like to know if they moved to be close to family? thankyou claire

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 13 Sep 2005 11:34

Hi Claire, Where is yorkshire am i looking for your Brine's? Do you have any names for me to look for? Regards, Claire x

Claire

Claire Report 13 Sep 2005 11:37

hi, my lot moved to ouightbridge yorkshire, i don't have names of rels ,i just wondered if there was any brine in the area and that why he moved there. it's quite a rare name so if there's any there then they are prob rels, thanks for looking claire

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 13 Sep 2005 11:55

Hi Claire, Sorry to disapoint, gone through Oughtibridge and not a single Brine there at all. Claire x

Claire

Claire Report 13 Sep 2005 13:43

ok, thanks for looking anyway. claire

Cath.

Cath. Report 13 Sep 2005 15:15

Yes please, Claire. Can you see who was living at 18 Briggate Leeds and 3, Wesley Street Hunslet in 1851. Many thanks, Cath.

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 13 Sep 2005 15:39

Hi Cath, 18 Briggate, Leeds Mary Ann Haigh - Head - U - age 31 - Manager of Shoe Shop - born Halifax Harriett Haigh - Sister - U - age 27 - School Mistress - born Halifax. Is this who you were looking for? Saved image if so. I have found Wesley Street but it isnt numbered, let me know the name of who you hope is there and i will check the whole street for you. Claire x

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 13 Sep 2005 15:49

Hi Johnathon, Pleasant Dale, Hipswell Joseph Severs - head - 41 - Farmer Margaret Severs - wife - 31 - Farmers wife Elizabeth Severs - daur - 12 - scholar Joseph Severs - son - 9 - scholar Mary Severs - daur - 7 - scholar Anthony Severs - son - 5 - scholar Margaret Severs - daur - 3 Robert Severs - son - 1 All born in Catterick. Saved image if you would like. Claire x

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 13 Sep 2005 16:05

Hi Johnathon, Please could you give me your email addy again. Thanks, Claire x

Karen

Karen Report 13 Sep 2005 16:08

Hi Ickle, Please could you look up Walter Griffiths born about 1828 Ackworth,Yorkshire. In 1861 he is living in Castleford,Yorkshire and married to Maria. Thanks very much Karen

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 13 Sep 2005 16:31

Hi Claire Hope you're enjoying your day off. I have a reference from Cheryl who has the index for Hull. Could you please have a look for the Brady family using this ref: HO107/2363 f428 Thanks ever so much Jeanette x

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 13 Sep 2005 16:41

Hi Karen, Really sorry but gone through Castleford and Walter is not there. Do you have the marriage of Walter to Maria? If so, where did they marry? Claire x

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 13 Sep 2005 16:43

Hi Jeannette, Having a good day off thanks. Its been nice to sit down and sort out the stuff i found at the archives for my family tree on Saturday and help others out with their trees as well. Got your Brady family: 42 St James Street, Hull Mary - Head - Widow - 41 - Neadlewoman? - born Lincs Elizabeth - Daur - 15 - born Hull William - Son - 13 - Errand boy - born Hull. Saved image if you would like. You may be able to decifer Mary's occupation and birth place better than me. Claire x

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 13 Sep 2005 16:52

Thanks ever so much Claire. Sending my email address Jeanette x

Karen

Karen Report 13 Sep 2005 17:04

Hi Ickle, Thanks for looking. No I don't know yet when they married as I have only just found out about Walter. His wife Maria was born in Knottingley,Yorkshire and Walter in Ackworth. I found Walter on the IGI as being born in 1823 but on the 1861 census his birth date is 1828.Thats if it is the same person-I'm sure it is. Could you try in Ackworth and Knottingley for me please. Thanks Karen