Help Centre - Frequently Asked Questions


Complete FAQ Listing

How do I change the parents of someone in my tree?

If you've made a mistake and added someone to the wrong parents and the correct parents are already entered in your tree, you can now amend this yourself.

Once you've located the right relation, click on the 'edit' tab below their name or on the little tab with two arrows in it on the top right hand side of the tree page to open the details box. Scroll down the details box on the right hand side of the page to the Relationships section. Click on the 'Change' tab beside one of the incorrect parents and a 'Find an existing relation' search box will appear. Start typing the name of the correct parent and it will appear below the search box. Click on the correct name and then on 'Save' to save the changes. Repeat the process for the other parent, again saving the changes.

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of new military records including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today