Help Centre - Frequently Asked Questions


Complete FAQ Listing

How do I change my root person/tree owner?

If your tree opens up with an incorrect root relation/tree owner, you can alter this yourself.

·         Open your family tree by clicking 'Family Tree' then 'My Tree'.

·         At the very top of the page, click 'View Other Trees'.

·         You'll see your tree listed at the top of the list, and a button to the far right which says 'Change Root'.

·         You can then start typing the name of your new root relation and the tree builder will bring up a list of potential relatives.

·         Remember to save your new tree owner.


Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy a gift or redeem your gift